Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Feb 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Samsmum
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We made the mistake of not thinking about the drinks situation. I must have been the only mum in the world trying to force fizzy pop in him. He drinks water but moaned about the 'taste'. Luckily a member of a fb group I was on at the time was arriving and gave us a couple of Robinson's squash'd for the rest of our trip.

We never travel without them now. A quick squeeze into a bottle of water and away you go ( yes I know he should just drink water you know fussy 7 year olds and all that ).
Samsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Samsmum
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It’s called Agent P. Looks like you can use your own phone to do it now.

agentpwsa/

They also have the passport thing where you go to each country ( normally in the shop) and there's a person there representing the country. They get a sticker and a bit of information about that country.
Samsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

The only must do for me is to throw away any expectation of sticking to a plan.

As the other posters have suggested the living "little things" will find no end of fascinating little things to distract and delight them. Be flexible and just enjoy being together in the space, rather than trying to tick boxes and "do attractions". If you miss things, then you have an excuse to come back
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by redemma13 View Post
How exciting taking your kids for the first time. We took our daughter in 2018 (she was 19 months) and she had a ball.
My advice would be don't over plan, take plenty of snacks into the parks and take it at their pace!

We did a crystal Palace breakfast - she loved it. Rides like nemo, living with the land, dumbo, winnie the pooh all went down really well and she loved them. Also the safari and rafiki's planet watch was great as well.

We did a trip report called the magnificent 7 of you fancy a read to see what we got up to.

We had done disney loads before having kids but it's definitely different with them and it's great seeing it all a different way.

Em
xxxx
Thanks so much for your reply. We love Crystal Palace so that will be a definite! We’ll probably have a trip to Walmart to stock up on loads of snacks for during the day...no different to when we’re at home really!I’ll definitely have a read of your trip report. Thanks xxx
ukeeyorelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Samsmum View Post
We took our son for the first time a couple of years ago when he was 6. He loved it all. Some of his biggest smiles were at the smallest things. For instance the 'jumping ' fountains at Epcot, the water play area in Magic Kingdom and the people mover.

I think it's important to remember you don't have to pay for all the experiences to have a great time.

In no particular order, the things he enjoyed in addition to the ones above

Playing the 'drum ' things in Pandora
The nature explorer quest thing in Animal Kingdom
The pirates quest thing in Magic Kingdom
Tom Sawyers Island - quiet and peaceful and you can let them run off and explore - i mean run ahead down the winding paths without fear of them being lost in a crowd
Tomorrow Land speedway
Waterparks

He enjoyed the rides ( he was tall enough for them all including ToT and Rock and roller coaster) but looking back to then and even last year they weren't the main draw ( even though we went on lots) and it was the 'little things' he enjoyed the most.
Thanks so much. Will add all of the above to my list. We’ve done DLP with my 5 year old and she LOVED it so I’m sure she’ll enjoy every minute of WDW x
ukeeyorelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Mobile

Do All the little things. Like the water play areas. The boneyard. The maze in Epcot uk. Trains in Germany. There are so many small things we race past that are worth seeing and the kids love them as much as the rides.

There used to be a water play in Epcot on the bridge to world showcase but I think it’s moved to near test track. My kids have spent hours playing in there. We always carried a change of clothes and if they wanted to get wet they could. It didn’t matter.
Thank you. I wouldn’t have even thought about the spare change of clothes if they get wet...adding to the list! I remember playing in the Boneyard as a child. Can’t wait to recreate all of those little things with my two x
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Mobile

Oh yeah, I forgot a out disney springs and the fountains. They are so much fun.

Em
xxxx
I think Disney Springs was all being built when we were there on honeymoon so I’m excited to see it all x
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Mobile

Also, a nice wander around celebration. Lots of wildlife to be seen.

Em
xxxx
Celebration is one of our faves. Can’t wait to sit on the rocking chairs with an ice cream. Although I imagine it’s a lot less relaxing with children! X
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Mobile

There is a thing in Epcot where you get a little phone and solve clues. It might be too hard for little ones but it’s a good way to explore the countries and see some clever surprises.
That sounds great! Thank you x
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Samsmum View Post
We made the mistake of not thinking about the drinks situation. I must have been the only mum in the world trying to force fizzy pop in him. He drinks water but moaned about the 'taste'. Luckily a member of a fb group I was on at the time was arriving and gave us a couple of Robinson's squash'd for the rest of our trip.

We never travel without them now. A quick squeeze into a bottle of water and away you go ( yes I know he should just drink water you know fussy 7 year olds and all that ).
I remember as a kid thinking that the water from the fountains tasted awful. Will definitely take the squeezy bottles. Thanks x