Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Feb 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Mobile

Originally Posted by Samsmum View Post
They also have the passport thing where you go to each country ( normally in the shop) and there's a person there representing the country. They get a sticker and a bit of information about that country.
That’s sounds fab! Thank you x
ukeeyorelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
How wonderful! We've just come back with a 3 year old but also took him when he was 2. You'll have a great time, but I would suggest just go with the flow and try not to pack too much in.

We have loved puddles and fountains. Collecting transport cards (and going on as many different types as possible). Playgrounds in the parks and hotels. Going on the rides that we could go on (you will possibly want to split up as the 5 year old will be able to go on things like barnstormer that the 2 year old won't want to or won't be tall enough to, and I can imagine that the unfairness of that will upset the 2 year old). Meeting the characters and getting their autographs is a big one.

For the adults, the childcare areas in the parks were great. A bit of peace and quiet in between the mayhem.

Are you staying in a resort or a villa, and how long are you there for (and what time of year)? Also what are your kids into? We had a great afternoon at art of animation (staying at POFQ) where we saw all of the cars characters and went on the skyliner!
Thanks for your reply. I think it’ll be lovely seeing Disney from a whole different perspective.

We haven’t booked yet but will going in July as soon as my daughter breaks up from school for 14 days. We’re gonna stay onsite at All Star Sports as neither of us wants to drive (and it’s the cheapest quote we’ve had so far)
My eldest loves the princesses so I’m sure we’ll spend a lot of time meeting them and my littlest just likes to play really so I’m sure the water fountains will be a hit x
ukeeyorelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Do anything and everything they are tall enough for.

My eldest loved everest. She was nearly 5 when we went last year.
But they also loved just stopping and talking to cast members, there was a security person and someone picking up litter/sweeping and they stopped and talked. The kids wanted the little cards and stickers they had I think.

Also ask them. My eldest was full of ideas on what she wanted to do.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

What a magical age to be taking them!
My advice is to take your time, don’t try to fit too much in and enjoy every second.
My youngest likes the family rides and all the water play areas so take a change of clothes
I do a plan and I spend months planning but I never follow it strictly, it’s just a guide. Young ones don’t want to be rushed to fit everything in.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My 4 year old loves pin trading. Pins are super expensive over there so we try to pick them up in the UK Disney Store sales, or from legitimate sellers on Facebook.

Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom, the Pirates adventure game, Kidcot and Wilderness Explorers are all good fun too. Last time I got her to ask how to say hello and goodbye in each language at the Kidcot stops.

I took insulated water bottles last time and kept reusable straws inside to stop my 2 year old soaking herself. We normally get cups of ice water but this was much better because the water stayed cold.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tunnie12345
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We took our DD when she was 4. Like many others have said just take it at their pace... Is a child going to want to do rope drop and then sprint to ride slinky dog? Absolutely not. Will they want to sit still for an hour to get a good spot for the parade? Again no they won't. But the will love so many little things that as others have said we race past while trying to get somewhere. Also we found even if we had a FP for something and she saw something else she wanted to do on the way then we let her do it and if we missed a certain attraction then it didn't matter.

Our best thing which she loved and we did many times. Move the move it shake it dance party. It was so good everyone joins in even grown ups then the characters come and dance with the kids in the street.. Just awesome.

Out biggest rule was no rides with more than a 20 minute queue unless we had a fast pass.. And I really don't think we missed much when we were there.
tunnie12345 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
goofyfave
Gone all Goofy

This has been a great thread for me as I will be taking my nearly 3 year old next month for the first time. Will be my 11th visit but first with a child! We are planning to be at the parks in the morning/lunchtime only and then home for a nap and then chill out at the resort for the rest of the day.

We have booked 3 fastpasses per day but all for the morning. If he doesnt want to do any of them, or fancies something else we will just go with the flow. It will be an alien concept to me not being in the park all day, but I am strangely looking forward to it actually! I first went was I was 9 and it was so magical, I really cant wait for that for my little one.

Some lovely ideas here for what to do if we decide to head back to the parks after his nap for a little wonder

Hope you have a lovely time!
goofyfave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Festival of the Lion King.

If not on site our DS loved the fountains at Celebration. We had a walk around the lake spotting alligators and had an ice cream.
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Festival of the Lion King.

If not on site our DS loved the fountains at Celebration. We had a walk around the lake spotting alligators and had an ice cream.
Ah yeah, can’t wait to show them Festival of the Lion King and Celebration is one of our firm favourites x
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ukeeyorelover
Apprentice Imagineer

ukeeyorelover's Reviews
Originally Posted by goofyfave View Post
This has been a great thread for me as I will be taking my nearly 3 year old next month for the first time. Will be my 11th visit but first with a child! We are planning to be at the parks in the morning/lunchtime only and then home for a nap and then chill out at the resort for the rest of the day.

We have booked 3 fastpasses per day but all for the morning. If he doesnt want to do any of them, or fancies something else we will just go with the flow. It will be an alien concept to me not being in the park all day, but I am strangely looking forward to it actually! I first went was I was 9 and it was so magical, I really cant wait for that for my little one.

Some lovely ideas here for what to do if we decide to head back to the parks after his nap for a little wonder

Hope you have a lovely time!
Aww, I hope you all have a wonderful trip. To be honest, we’ve always loved to go in the morning, then back to the hotel and then back to the park for the evening so will definitely continue that with our little ones. I think we’ll be very much like you and just go with the flow this time around...not rushing around trying to cram everything in will be an alien concept to us