Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Thelostprincess
Excited about Disney

Thelostprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would be over the moon if my friend did this for me for a surprise trip.. but that's just me haha!
Thelostprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BobFish123
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thelostprincess View Post
I would be over the moon if my friend did this for me for a surprise trip.. but that's just me haha!
Ditto! 😆😆
BobFish123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

If you go ahead and do this...dont forget to fill in their middle name on the esta
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post

My husband always handles the esta applications and they both go to his email address.

However I would not apply for an esta for a friend without their permission, you might not know the correct answers to the questions either. If I found somebody had made an esta or visa application in my name without my knowledge I would be livid. What if it was done wrong and rendered me ineligible in the future.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Bobfish where your argument falls down is the "fraudulent statement or representation..." the OP doesn't have her friend's permission to represent her, now the chances of anything happening are slim but in a "what if" scenario, what happens if the ESTA is declined? TBH I would just break the surprise now & give her time to prepare & take part in the planning IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

We used the same email address on 4 estas. And i would be over the moon if someone ever did this for me. Chances are slim well near nlne existent but it's. A lovely thing yiur doing.

If your in doubt ill come instead 😂😂😂😂
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I do the ESTAs for my husband and my mam and I wait until I have the house to myself then I turn off the telly, phone, close all other tabs and then treble check everything. I’d hate to be responsible for making a mistake that required my husband or mother to have to go get a visa. If it was a friend I’d be so nervous to get it right and that’s if she knew. If he surprise was I got you a holiday but I also messed up your ESTA and you have to go to the embassy - eek! So just be so careful filling everything out.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyBe
Getting to know the DIBB

'or on your behalf by a designated third party'
this is the important part of the statement. You would not be her 'designated third party' if you applied for the esta without her permission. I would not do it no matter how good your intentions are. Spring the surprise early and have her enjoy the run up to the holiday too, that's all part of the fun.
LadyBe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by BobFish123 View Post
A tad dramatic lol, it doesn’t state in the declaration that you need someone’s permission, the information just has to be correct
If you don't have their permission, how can you be regarded as a 'designated third party'?

At the end of the day, as well intended as it may be, if the person hasn't acknowledged / approved it, then it is being applied for without their consent so would be in breach of their terms.

Also in addition to basic info (passport/name/address/occupation etc) the OP would also be answering eligibility questions, which again shouldn't be answered to the best of their knowledge, but confirmed with the actual applicant.

If the OP were to mess up a question (unlikely, but happens as evidenced on here) it could force their friend down the Visa route for future trips from an honest mistake, which I wouldn't be to chuffed with personally...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Everything within me screams "don't do it" however much it's a well-intentioned gesture. For numerous reasons, mostly all already mentioned.

Can you not surprise her earlier than anticipated and she can then sort ESTA herself?
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List