Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Free gift cards

I am hoping there will be some free gift cards on offer for next year. I recall that there where some bonus $ when you registered interest last year.

Does anyone know if any companies have this offer on again this year for registering interest prior to release in April?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21 Feb 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
thegazp
Getting Excited

thegazp's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
Booking direct with Disney will probably mean you get the $200 gift card. After a certain date, this gets reduced to $100. However, we, as well as numerous others who booked on the day that free dining was released last year got a $300 gift card. I'm assuming this was just down to the amount of time it was taking to get through, more than anything.
thegazp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Thank you, I thought ATD did a higher value giftcard too although I cannot be sure.
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Since free dining hasn’t been announced yet there are no companies offering anything for pre registering.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thegazp View Post
Booking direct with Disney will probably mean you get the $200 gift card. After a certain date, this gets reduced to $100. However, we, as well as numerous others who booked on the day that free dining was released last year got a $300 gift card. I'm assuming this was just down to the amount of time it was taking to get through, more than anything.
If booking direct with Disney the extra $100 on top of the usual $200 (ie $300) was for pre-registering your interest then booking within the first week or so of free dining opening. It was well publicised in advance. I booked on the 5th day and got it.

Edited at 10:30 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
If booking direct with Disney the extra $100 on top of the usual $200 (ie $300) was for pre-registering your interest then booking within the first week or so of free dining opening. It was well publicised in advance. I booked on the 5th day and got it.
I need to keep my eyes open for this!
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We received $300 for prebooking with Virgin too. That was 13th April 2019 provisionally booked and then guaranteed on the 20th
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Thats very useful info - will bare that in mind too
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

As above, $100 extra gift card was offered if you pre registered direct with WDW. I did and have $300 total for this year, so you need to keep an eye out for the offers going live in the next month or so if they are offering free dining for next year.
2022 - Hopefully
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Yeah we had the $300 too this was because they were trying to get people to book direct rather than using the cash back sites etc 😀

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List