Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Nov 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

Akl or ybc

Can't make my mind up Animal Kingdom or Yacht Club, anyone stay at both of them and which did they prefer thank you
RUMBY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Hi, yes we’ve done both and honestly we prefer SSR or OKW or our absolute favourite was Bay Lake Tower, sorry that probably doesn’t help! x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Stayed at both and enjoyed both but we usually do split stays. If it was one or the other for a two week (or whatever) trip it would be YC for restaurants nearby and park access.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely one of the Epcot resorts, particularly if you like somewhere to walk.
Old 12 Nov 19, 04:48 AM  
Link to this Post

I have only stayed at a YC of the two, but I have visited AKL many times and I would love to stay there one day.

But if both cane up at similar cost, I would put AKL on hold once again and go to the YC for location. If there was a £1-2k saving by going to AKL, I would go there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed at both in the same trip in 2012 and although AKl was nice it was a massive comedown after the YC. We’ve since stayed at the BC twice In 2016 and 2017 and then the WL in 2019 and AK would be our last choice to stay at again.
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

SSR is our favourite to but can't get in there anymore
RUMBY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We left yacht last week , shocking . Stick to another skyliner hotel , it takes you straight in and it’s lovely to ride . Yacht needs a rocket up it.
Akl is stunning . We’ve stayed at both.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 04:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Spotter
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We're just back last week from 2 nights at AKL savannah view and 12 nights at Beach Club which obviously shares location, pool and other facilities with YC.

For us it would be Yatch Club. The location, choice of eating places within walking distance and the ease of access to two parks were great. AKL was very nice but our savannah view wasn't particularly good which does put a bit of a negative view on it. Our 6 year old absolutely loved then pool at YC/BC.
Spotter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Probably Yatch club due to location but AKL looks lovely and if significantly cheaper I'd go there. I just wish they had rooms for 5.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List