Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Feb 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Thanks for reading. I hope it was helpful.

I love reading trip reports for ideas and reviews.
Old 4 Mar 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Only just found your report so bare with me whilst I go through everything

Johnny Rockets looks lovely, I had to laugh at the radioactive fanta, I was prepared from reading reports but it was a still a shock ... needless to say the kid's didn't get many of those It was very reasonably priced too.

Denny's looks a little overdone to me or is that just the photos? Still very reasonably priced though! Where do you get one of these cards from? I didn't think it would help us but looking at the discount's your getting I think it may!

China Max looks lovely and those portions look huge! I also love the bag even though I'm not a Star Wars fan ... I'm a sucker for a bag though :ermm:

Did you get the free flatbread from signing up at Millers? The food all looks lovely and the bill reasonably priced.

Discovery Cove - Oh bless your DS how cute he saved his pocket money. Are all snacks included with DC too? I know food and drinks are.

Food in Maggianos looks superb! I think it was a great idea to share the chicken as it does look a big portion.

Fab offer you found for Hash House A-Go-Go and the food all looks so tasty, in fact I'm off to look for a voucher. I love how savvy you are with all these discounts and offers.

(Just to add I've found the Hash House A Go Go voucher on travel zoo, it's valid through till June! Think I may purchase it, thank you)

How lovely of the server in Friendly's to let you use the voucher again, it's a pain having to print them when sometimes the expiry dates only allow 1 week on them. The food looks like a much more manageable size.

The Landry card is fab isn't it, T-Rex is definitely on our list at some point. Glad you enjoy it as I hear mixed reviews of it.

Well done on upgrading the annual passes. I managed to get 1 preferred and 4 seasonal for the grand total of $0! Upgrading from 3 park to 2 park. I have heard that they will no longer do this now and if you have the 3 park you have to upgrade to to 3 park AP's. It took me speaking to 3 different CM's to get it for free though!

NBC Bar and Grill looks fab and very reasonably priced for being in Universal too I'd say.

That's the second review on Bread Box I've read in as many weeks, I think we need to add this on to our list. That sandwich is fit to burst, so much filling!

So glad you finally got to Voodoo Donuts and glad to hear it didn't disappoint.

Really enjoyed your report, I hope your going to do another next month? Thanks for taking the time to write it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Only just found your report so bare with me whilst I go through everything

Johnny Rockets looks lovely, I had to laugh at the radioactive fanta, I was prepared from reading reports but it was a still a shock ... needless to say the kid's didn't get many of those It was very reasonably priced too.

Denny's looks a little overdone to me or is that just the photos? Still very reasonably priced though! Where do you get one of these cards from? I didn't think it would help us but looking at the discount's your getting I think it may!

China Max looks lovely and those portions look huge! I also love the bag even though I'm not a Star Wars fan ... I'm a sucker for a bag though :ermm:

Did you get the free flatbread from signing up at Millers? The food all looks lovely and the bill reasonably priced.

Discovery Cove - Oh bless your DS how cute he saved his pocket money. Are all snacks included with DC too? I know food and drinks are.

Food in Maggianos looks superb! I think it was a great idea to share the chicken as it does look a big portion.

Fab offer you found for Hash House A-Go-Go and the food all looks so tasty, in fact I'm off to look for a voucher. I love how savvy you are with all these discounts and offers.

(Just to add I've found the Hash House A Go Go voucher on travel zoo, it's valid through till June! Think I may purchase it, thank you)

How lovely of the server in Friendly's to let you use the voucher again, it's a pain having to print them when sometimes the expiry dates only allow 1 week on them. The food looks like a much more manageable size.

The Landry card is fab isn't it, T-Rex is definitely on our list at some point. Glad you enjoy it as I hear mixed reviews of it.

Well done on upgrading the annual passes. I managed to get 1 preferred and 4 seasonal for the grand total of $0! Upgrading from 3 park to 2 park. I have heard that they will no longer do this now and if you have the 3 park you have to upgrade to to 3 park AP's. It took me speaking to 3 different CM's to get it for free though!

NBC Bar and Grill looks fab and very reasonably priced for being in Universal too I'd say.

That's the second review on Bread Box I've read in as many weeks, I think we need to add this on to our list. That sandwich is fit to burst, so much filling!

So glad you finally got to Voodoo Donuts and glad to hear it didn't disappoint.

Really enjoyed your report, I hope your going to do another next month? Thanks for taking the time to write it xx
Thanks for reading. I feel I missed loads of good reports like yours while I was writing my Christmas trip reports. They are fun but take up so much time.

I’ll definitely be doing food reports for our April and summer trips, foods my favourite subject 😂

Johnny Rockets is good it will ubdoubtly be our go to on the first night of our April trip.
Ahh the radioactive Fanta, ds loves it, I try to limit it, his fizzy drinks are well limited at home, it’s alright on holiday in moderation for keeping him going😂

I don’t recall Denny’s food being overdone but I see what you mean from the photos. The card came free with either the universal tickets or the pass that we prepaid for the itrolley. If I recall they have a sign up club and offers you can access online. It would make a difference to your bill.

Millers if you sign up to their club you get the free flat bread, I’ve signed up 2 years in a row and then unsubscribed. I think we will very possibly go there in April so I’ll be signing up again 😂

Discovery cove includes all snacks too. Ds was desperate to go back, we match any money he saves if it’s towards paying for something like that. He’s picked EMM at toy story land to pay for in the summer. It makes him more aware of how much all the extras cost.

The hash house a go go voucher was a good deal, that’s twice we’ve done that. The portions are mental in there. It might be a good shout for you. I’d go again.

T-Rex is worth a visit, ds likes it, yes there are better places but we’ve always found the food ok and your boys might like it, careful what room they sit you in as the ice cave that changes colour can be a bit much on the senses.

Glad you got sorted with annual passes, sounds like you got a great deal! I’m determined to get my moneys worth 😂😂

Bread box is high on my list for Easter. Loads of good food and those sandwiches are big enough for sharing.

Are you sorted with all your food choices for your next trip? It will be here in no time? Another good report from you too?
Old 5 Mar 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks for reading. I feel I missed loads of good reports like yours while I was writing my Christmas trip reports. They are fun but take up so much time.

I’ll definitely be doing food reports for our April and summer trips, foods my favourite subject 😂

Johnny Rockets is good it will ubdoubtly be our go to on the first night of our April trip.
Ahh the radioactive Fanta, ds loves it, I try to limit it, his fizzy drinks are well limited at home, it’s alright on holiday in moderation for keeping him going😂

I don’t recall Denny’s food being overdone but I see what you mean from the photos. The card came free with either the universal tickets or the pass that we prepaid for the itrolley. If I recall they have a sign up club and offers you can access online. It would make a difference to your bill.

Millers if you sign up to their club you get the free flat bread, I’ve signed up 2 years in a row and then unsubscribed. I think we will very possibly go there in April so I’ll be signing up again 😂

Discovery cove includes all snacks too. Ds was desperate to go back, we match any money he saves if it’s towards paying for something like that. He’s picked EMM at toy story land to pay for in the summer. It makes him more aware of how much all the extras cost.

The hash house a go go voucher was a good deal, that’s twice we’ve done that. The portions are mental in there. It might be a good shout for you. I’d go again.

T-Rex is worth a visit, ds likes it, yes there are better places but we’ve always found the food ok and your boys might like it, careful what room they sit you in as the ice cave that changes colour can be a bit much on the senses.

Glad you got sorted with annual passes, sounds like you got a great deal! I’m determined to get my moneys worth 😂😂

Bread box is high on my list for Easter. Loads of good food and those sandwiches are big enough for sharing.

Are you sorted with all your food choices for your next trip? It will be here in no time? Another good report from you too?
I'm so glad your doing more reports. I love reading a good report, nothing nicer than sitting with a cuppa and drooling all the lovely food.

I had a few ideas for sign ups, so I'll have to check them all again. I plan on doing them the Friday before we leave (we fly Sunday) so hopefully they last as I know some only have a weeks date on the vouchers.

That's fab about DC I knew we'd be well fed all day. Kinda of want to cancel our food plans that evening as I don't think we'll hungry enough to enjoy it but we want to squeeze everything in, arggghhh decisions.

It's so good he understands the value of money, the middle and youngest are both great with money ... the oldest ... not so much money burns a hole in her pocket!

Yeah I definitely think to boys will enjoy T-Rex, we did Rainforest Cafe with the older 2 before we had the little one in London and they loved that so I think we'd enjoy that sometime too. Have you been there?

I definitely love a bargain! I'm trying to squeeze a cheeky week in October in but DH is having none of it I've told him we need to make the most of the passes whilst we have them I'm also planning on booking August or October next year in April when the free Disney dining is released but ssssshhhhh

We've sorted most our food although I think plans will change, but as long as we get to try what we want we'll be happy. Are you all sorted for the April trip?

I hope to do another report again, especially as this time it's offsite which is new for us. I've started a pre-trippie but there isn't that much in it as there's not much planning to be done this time, it's so weird. Have you got a pre-trippie or do you just do trip reports? Xxx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

I'm so glad your doing more reports. I love reading a good report, nothing nicer than sitting with a cuppa and drooling all the lovely food.

I had a few ideas for sign ups, so I'll have to check them all again. I plan on doing them the Friday before we leave (we fly Sunday) so hopefully they last as I know some only have a weeks date on the vouchers.

That's fab about DC I knew we'd be well fed all day. Kinda of want to cancel our food plans that evening as I don't think we'll hungry enough to enjoy it but we want to squeeze everything in, arggghhh decisions.

It's so good he understands the value of money, the middle and youngest are both great with money ... the oldest ... not so much money burns a hole in her pocket!

Yeah I definitely think to boys will enjoy T-Rex, we did Rainforest Cafe with the older 2 before we had the little one in London and they loved that so I think we'd enjoy that sometime too. Have you been there?

I definitely love a bargain! I'm trying to squeeze a cheeky week in October in but DH is having none of it I've told him we need to make the most of the passes whilst we have them I'm also planning on booking August or October next year in April when the free Disney dining is released but ssssshhhhh

We've sorted most our food although I think plans will change, but as long as we get to try what we want we'll be happy. Are you all sorted for the April trip?

I hope to do another report again, especially as this time it's offsite which is new for us. I've started a pre-trippie but there isn't that much in it as there's not much planning to be done this time, it's so weird. Have you got a pre-trippie or do you just do trip reports? Xxx
The Friday before you leave should be fine for signing up. We signed up to the friendlys one when we were there and just showed it on the phone. Keep an eye out on the itrolley maps as well for vouchers. They might have those around your hotel reception.

You will be well fed at discovery cove but I think all that time in the water makes you extra hungry. The first time we took ds he was 6, he was very hungry after but totally shattered and we didn’t even make it out for dinner, Dh picked up some quick service food. Even this year he was desperate for his bed after maggianos. At least you don’t need adrs being offsite so you can be flexible.

We’ve been to Rainforest at AK and the one at DLP, I think I prefer t-Rex but it’s exactly the same idea just with different creatures.

Orlando really becomes addictive. If you all really enjoy offsite it gives you so much more cheaper options. We love the Disney bubble but last summer all the offsite stuff was great too and worked out so much cheaper. It means you can fit more trips in or go for longer if you do year about or a split stay. I’m not sure what we will do next year but I know we won’t be doing a Disney stay, maybe offsite again or somewhere else. Maybe back onsite 2021.

I think we are organised for April. I plan to sign up to millers, Johnny Rockets and ihop as I think that’s where we might eat on idrive then I’m pretty easy for universal. Dh isn’t coming but my friend is a bit of a fussy eater so ds has been getting her to look at menus and is keeping a list of where we might go.

I’ve done I think 6 food reports now but only 1 actual pre and full trip report for Christmas just past. I’ve started writing a pre trip report for Easter on my computer so I might post that. I saw yours and your plans sound great.
Old 6 Mar 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Really enjoyed your report. One question though, how many of the vouchers that you had (sign up offers and bought vouchers) did you need to show a print out to use and how many were OK to see it on a phone?

Thanks
Old 6 Mar 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
The Friday before you leave should be fine for signing up. We signed up to the friendlys one when we were there and just showed it on the phone. Keep an eye out on the itrolley maps as well for vouchers. They might have those around your hotel reception.

You will be well fed at discovery cove but I think all that time in the water makes you extra hungry. The first time we took ds he was 6, he was very hungry after but totally shattered and we didn’t even make it out for dinner, Dh picked up some quick service food. Even this year he was desperate for his bed after maggianos. At least you don’t need adrs being offsite so you can be flexible.

We’ve been to Rainforest at AK and the one at DLP, I think I prefer t-Rex but it’s exactly the same idea just with different creatures.

Orlando really becomes addictive. If you all really enjoy offsite it gives you so much more cheaper options. We love the Disney bubble but last summer all the offsite stuff was great too and worked out so much cheaper. It means you can fit more trips in or go for longer if you do year about or a split stay. I’m not sure what we will do next year but I know we won’t be doing a Disney stay, maybe offsite again or somewhere else. Maybe back onsite 2021.

I think we are organised for April. I plan to sign up to millers, Johnny Rockets and ihop as I think that’s where we might eat on idrive then I’m pretty easy for universal. Dh isn’t coming but my friend is a bit of a fussy eater so ds has been getting her to look at menus and is keeping a list of where we might go.

I’ve done I think 6 food reports now but only 1 actual pre and full trip report for Christmas just past. I’ve started writing a pre trip report for Easter on my computer so I might post that. I saw yours and your plans sound great.
We won't be using the ITrolley but will definitely keep an eye out for the offers and find them all out before we go.

Yeah I know from our waterpark day that it ends up being so exhausting. We're staying at CBR that night (the family don't know) so it will be nice to just have a chill at the resort.

I think we'll enjoy offsite just as much, especially as we have so much planned already. As you say the Disney bubble is lovely and we really enjoyed it, but it's going to be nice to be a little more relaxed this time. That's why I'm planning on and offsite in 2020.

Our kid's are quite picky eaters as you probably saw from my report so I usually need to check the menus beforehand too. Luckily most places will do plain pasta so they'll be pretty happy with that.

Oh wow, I don't know you managed it, it's so time consuming isn't it Yes please let me know when you've posted it xx
Old 6 Mar 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What a great read 👍 thank you 😊
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Really enjoyed your report. One question though, how many of the vouchers that you had (sign up offers and bought vouchers) did you need to show a print out to use and how many were OK to see it on a phone?

Thanks
The only one I had on my phone was Friendlys. The rest I'd printed off. A couple of years back I hadn't got organised quickly enough and I had the email from Millers but not a print out, they got me to email to them and printed it for me.

We won't be using the ITrolley but will definitely keep an eye out for the offers and find them all out before we go.

Yeah I know from our waterpark day that it ends up being so exhausting. We're staying at CBR that night (the family don't know) so it will be nice to just have a chill at the resort.

I think we'll enjoy offsite just as much, especially as we have so much planned already. As you say the Disney bubble is lovely and we really enjoyed it, but it's going to be nice to be a little more relaxed this time. That's why I'm planning on and offsite in 2020.

Our kid's are quite picky eaters as you probably saw from my report so I usually need to check the menus beforehand too. Luckily most places will do plain pasta so they'll be pretty happy with that.

Oh wow, I don't know you managed it, it's so time consuming isn't it Yes please let me know when you've posted it xx
I think your trip sounds great, I'm sure you will have a fabulous time.

We are lucky ds eats everything so its a bit weird travelling with a fussier adult eater. Ds is keeping her right with the menus so I'm sure we will all find stuff we are happy with.

I started a pre trippie - link is in here

Happy planning.

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
What a great read 👍 thank you 😊
Thanks for reading and commenting.

Edited at 11:53 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

Just read all 44 pages. Really fabulous report. So many really delicious places on this list. Makes me so hungry
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List