Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Oct 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jakesmum View Post
Nooo! Why Universal? why would you make all your rides Simulators! It's me that can't ride them (I can't focus on moving objects when being tipped about so get motion sickness in them)
I'm afraid Universal may not be your cup of tea if you don't like simulators, as there are LOTS of them. Too many, in fact.

Also, you can do all major rides in both parks in 1.5 day...

Volcano Bay looks amazing though.

Edited at 03:55 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

My husband is currently doing a happy dance because 'the dibbers agree' with him

Sighhhh, looks like I need to have a chat with DD about changing her mind back to Disney
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Do Disney and just pay for a hopper ticket at Universal for those who want to go - if you go at a quiet time you can do virtually all of it in a day(both parks).
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Volcano Bay is a million times better than the Disney water parks (in our families opinion!)

You have to pay to park at Universal as well as Disney.

We are doing both (Plus Discovery Cove) You can't compare the 2 experiences, they are totally different. My DH and kids (15 & 13) love Universal, i'm indifferent, but still go and enjoy it. Disney is more my thing as more to do for me, but we don't bother with the Disney waterparks anymore, preferring VB or Aquatica.

If we were torn in what to do, I would find a way to do both, especially as you have 3 weeks and plenty of time to get round them all.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

With three weeks to play with you really need to suck it up and do both, if you can.

I couldn't go all the way to Florida and only do one of them.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i gather that Volcano bay is so much better than either of the other two parks. Universal has so much more than simulation rides plus some will have stationary seats. Take an anti-emetic tablet first and see if that works.

The Harry Potter areas are fab, so much to see and do and will easily fill two days.

your youngest won't do Hulk or Velocicoaster as they go upside down.

What about looking at Discovery cove to include SeaWorld and Aquatica

Edited at 04:24 PM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Volcano Bay is a million times better than the Disney water parks (in our families opinion!)

You have to pay to park at Universal as well as Disney.

We are doing both (Plus Discovery Cove) You can't compare the 2 experiences, they are totally different. My DH and kids (15 & 13) love Universal, i'm indifferent, but still go and enjoy it. Disney is more my thing as more to do for me, but we don't bother with the Disney waterparks anymore, preferring VB or Aquatica.

If we were torn in what to do, I would find a way to do both, especially as you have 3 weeks and plenty of time to get round them all.
We were going to get one annual pass to get the free parking

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
With three weeks to play with you really need to suck it up and do both, if you can.

I couldn't go all the way to Florida and only do one of them.
I should have put in the OP that DH and I are both disabled, doing all of the parks is just too much for us, If I had the ability to do it, I totally would!
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Universal and Disney day tickets rather than two week pass?
Depends on how many Disney days you would decide on.

Edited at 04:34 PM.
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
i gather that Volcano bay is so much better than either of the other two parks. Universal has so much more than simulation rides plus some will have stationary seats. Take an anti-emetic tablet first and see if that works.

The Harry Potter areas are fab, so much to see and do and will easily fill two days.

your youngest won't do Hulk or Velocicoaster as they go upside down.

What about looking at Discovery cove to include SeaWorld and Aquatica
DD and I have been watching videos of the rides, We know that anything like Star Tours or Flight of passage is a no go for me. Things like Midway Mania I can handle fine

I'm now looking at the cost of 14 day Disney and doing a day hopper to Universal just so I can see Harry Potter
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingbhoy
Trying for More Ears

Universal and Seaworld would be my reccomendation, the US annual pass will take the stress off seeing everything in 14 days and allow you to enjoy things a little more.
Kingbhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List