Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Nov 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
The letter says:

I understand from Mrs XXX that she is wishing to travel to the USA and that it is a requirement of her entry to the country that she produce evidence of a recent Covid infection and subsequent recovery from it. I am Mrs XXX General Practitioner (Family Physician) and confirm that she tested positive for Covid 19 on the 6th of October this year. I am unable to produce documentary evidence of this as the results are sent electronically by Public Health England. Unfortunately therefore there is no separate document that I can produce to prove it. After this, Mrs XXX has completed the necessary period of isolation and has happily recovered from her Covid symptoms. Therefore I have no problem in stating that she is fit to travel and that this document should be regarded as both evidence of a positive test result and recovery, and therefore should suffice as ‘documentation of recovery’.
It should also be noted that Mrs XXX has completed Covid 19 vaccination in that she received doses of AstraZeneca Covid 19 vaccine on the 20th March and the 6th June this year.
I hope this provides the documentation required for this lady to enter the United States.

It has been signed, dated, stamped with the surgery address and phone number and has been written on surgery/NHS headed paper.
Perfect 👍🏻
Shame my surgery won’t do the same

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You can't use proof of recovery for day 2 anyway, so you would have to book this regardless.
What ?
Omg I did not know this

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
What ?
Omg I did not know this
Have a look here for the cheapest tests. You need the code to add to the passenger locator form on your return.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1208966
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Have a look here for the cheapest tests. You need the code to add to the passenger locator form on your return.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1208966
Thanks so much

Covid really is taking out the fun of going away

Louise
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Thanks so much

Covid really is taking out the fun of going away
That is probably the last thing you need. I assume you have the attestation form ?

I don't mind doing all the paperwork etc but it is extra costs that keep adding on
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

That is probably the last thing you need. I assume you have the attestation form ?

I don't mind doing all the paperwork etc but it is extra costs that keep adding on
Well it is what it is. We’re desperate to go to Florida so if I need to jump through hoops to get there I’ll do it.
Might just bite the bullet and book a test for my daughter now too I’m fed up of trying to provide evidence for her that she’s had covid.

Louise
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Haha this is hilarious now we have to do PCR’s on return to uk but we can’t because we’ve all had covid. I’m back to square one trying to prove my daughter has had it arrrrrrrr

Louise
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Haha this is hilarious now we have to do PCR’s on return to uk but we can’t because we’ve all had covid. I’m back to square one trying to prove my daughter has had it arrrrrrrr
Yes I am thinking is there any guidance for us in the 90 day window. I am going to leave it til Monday, see what info is out there and book a PCR for the return if nothing is any clearer.

Did you book any lateral flows in the end, some company's are allowing an upgrade.
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Yes I am thinking is there any guidance for us in the 90 day window. I am going to leave it til Monday, see what info is out there and book a PCR for the return if nothing is any clearer.

Did you book any lateral flows in the end, some company's are allowing an upgrade.
No I was going to do it this weekend but we had storm Arwen to contend with so I’ve not had chance. It was my husband that heard the news.
I’m also going to wait a couple of days until further details are released.

Louise
Old 30 Nov 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You can't use proof of recovery for day 2 anyway, so you would have to book this regardless.
Is this still the case even though it’s changed to a PCR and we are likely to test positive?

Also I’ve now got letters from my gp, a lovely lady at the surgery ha organised the letter for us.

Louise