Old 10 Dec 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Magic is Calling - Day 2 - November 2021 - Disney Springs & Epcot

Index Here

Day 1 Here

Day 2 - 15 November 2021 - Disney Springs & Epcot

Jet lag is still getting to me, but I’m getting better and wake up at 6 today.

At 7 am I managed to get a boarding pass for Ratatouille boarding group 99, I have no idea if this is good or bad but the app is predicting a 2pm return time.

Today’s plan was to do Blizzard beach in the morning then Epcot in the afternoon. So I check my app to see what time BB is due to open and it’s closed today argh! So what else when we have a free morning but to go shopping!

Just around the corner from us a a Burlington’s, it’s a bit like TK Maxx and before coming I saw they had some lovely Christmas Disney bits, did they have any, not at all! So from here we headed to Target where we bought a Donald pin, a drink and a little snack. Next up we went to the outlet mall and first up the Disney store. It was the same as last time, very little things we liked and very little discount to be had.

From here we headed to Disney Springs for some Lunch and decided on the daily poutine, where we had the special festive one, chips, turkey meat, gravy and cranberry sauce, yummy!

We have a walk around the shops and the no regrets policy is enforced again where we buy a sweater, an ice cream scoop and again search for the elusive spirit jersey with no luck.

Needing an ice cream, Ghirardelli is the next stop, and one magical sundae priced at an eye watering $16 is mine. I’m sure these were a lot cheaper back in 2019 when we last came, but it’s safe to say I wouldn’t be spending £11 on a cup of vanilla ice cream and some chocolate sauce again!

It’s now coming up to around 230 and we decide to head to Epcot. I’ve been keeping an eye on the virtual queue and it keeps getting pushed back and my expected arrival time is now 6pm.

We head in and park at the back of the create lot, boy do we miss the trams! Once inside and take in some photo pass photographs and head to spaceship earth first. It shows a 15 min wait and we are on within 10 mins. It is as lovely as I remember and i’m glad they haven’t closed it for the retheme.

The genie has just told me that test track is a 30 min wait so we head there next, looks like the rest of the park have also been told this and when we join the time goes to 45 then up to 60. It took us around 50 mins in all to get on the ride. The single rider with us said she waited around 5 mins! The car we design is a stunner and come out top in the leader board in our car.

Epcots food and wine is in its last few days so we start our journey around world showcase. This time heading anti clockwise and stop at any booths that take our fancy, Ireland is first up for sausage and mash which we rate a 8/10

Morocco next for lamb a kebab and falafel pita both amazing and give it a 9/10.

Just after finishing our Moroccan food our boarding group was called for Ratatouille this was at around 630 and we were group 99. Once scanned in there was around another 40 min wait to get onto our little rat. This was the first time doing this ride, as I never had the chance to experience at Disneyland Paris. It was a really fun, cute ride and really enjoyable.

Next up we continue round the world to Japan for a chicken bun. We had these last time and they were yummy so rate them 9/10.

Another first for us is heading to America for funnel cakes, what’s not to like about fried dough with icing sugar on!

We then manage to grab a bench in Japan around the lake and stay there for the next hour or so for the fireworks.

Harmonious is really enjoyable, I had only viewed the old show once so can’t really compare to the old one, but I did really like the song choices and you can’t beat a Disney firework show!

From the fireworks we head off back towards the car, but stop for a photo pass with spaceship earth which looks amazing with the new lighting set up.

We head on back to the car and are tucked up into bed by 11.

Day 3 Coming soon

Edited at 11:52 PM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That poutine looks fantastic and that picture of spaceship earth is stunning!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

All of today's food looks lovely, especially the poutine, you can't go wrong with turkey, gravy and cranberry can you. Glad you got to ride Ratatouille in the end though and looks like an amazing view for Harmonious x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A shame that your plans got messed around. Still a lazy morning and then Epcot in the evening is still a really good day. I can't wait to see harmonious I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another good day - quite a relaxing pace. Great food choices to pass the time at Epcot while waiting for your Ratatouille time slot to come around.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List