Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 22, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

We have swopped our NYC trip for a week in Florida; staying at The Rosen Inn International - however when I tried to book a Universal Hotel for one night for express pass; they were really difficult to get - I ended up calling the reservation line.

The lady advised that the hotels are pretty much fully booked and she gave the reason that it was south Americans finally being able to travel and they were expecting it to be exceptionally busy for the whole of 2022!

To be honest, i dont care! I just want to be somewhere other than here :-)

Have cancelled our 14 day tickets and swopped for AP; have bought KSC tickets - other than that am just going to soak up being in florida and maybe head to some places we wouldn't normally go - Cocoa Beach, Celebration, Old Town... perhaps a monorail loop!
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by guinness_79 View Post
We have swopped our NYC trip for a week in Florida; staying at The Rosen Inn International - however when I tried to book a Universal Hotel for one night for express pass; they were really difficult to get - I ended up calling the reservation line.

The lady advised that the hotels are pretty much fully booked and she gave the reason that it was south Americans finally being able to travel and they were expecting it to be exceptionally busy for the whole of 2022!

To be honest, i dont care! I just want to be somewhere other than here :-)

Have cancelled our 14 day tickets and swopped for AP; have bought KSC tickets - other than that am just going to soak up being in florida and maybe head to some places we wouldn't normally go - Cocoa Beach, Celebration, Old Town... perhaps a monorail loop!
That’s exactly what I’m considering.

Dd is due her second jab next Saturday and we’ve two trips currently booked that depend on it.

Austria skiing, needs a pcr 48 hours prior to travel which could be stressful (not worried about it being positive, more it coming back in time as the flight is in the morning so won’t be time to get one at the airport before if the results hadn’t arrived)

New York was the back up but I’m worried about how cold it’ll be and obviously if she doesn’t get her jab in time there’s no point going.

I’m really hoping she doesn’t catch covid before the jab date (or afterwards!) but Orlando would be an easier option I feel. And I could do with some sun - even if it’s not hot I’m fed up with grey day after grey day.

Honestly I think I just need off this island for a bit 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

The weather was amazing wasnt it apart from the 1 cold/rainy day.

We were also booked to go to NYC in April this year but once they announced 5 years and older have to be double vaccinated to eat in restaurants we knew we would need to change to somewhere else as I have an 8 and 10 year old so we are heading back to Florida but no parks - just going for the sun!
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
The weather was amazing wasnt it apart from the 1 cold/rainy day.

We were also booked to go to NYC in April this year but once they announced 5 years and older have to be double vaccinated to eat in restaurants we knew we would need to change to somewhere else as I have an 8 and 10 year old so we are heading back to Florida but no parks - just going for the sun!
It was glorious until the day we were coming home, worked out great as we were in jeans and jumpers for the flight.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We did Feb 2020 at universal, probably we were the week before English half term. Crowds were great, it only got busy in the run up to presidents Day.

Our countdown looks the same as yours, flying 12/2. I’m expecting it to be fairly quiet until the Friday.
Old 12 Jan 22, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We were there the same time. The weather was amazing wasn’t it!

No FOL passes and those hotels are full. That’s me concern about crowd levels as I’d thought that universal mightn’t be as busy as Disney.
(The weather was amazing on Feb 2020 half-term other than the Friday when it was FREEZING! I was out for my daily run in vest and shorts - all I'd taken with me - and local runners were in tights, multiple layers, gloves and woolly hats!)

We love our Saturday - Saturday February half-term trips, but we tend to take them as quiet/chilled/cheap weeks in the sun where we avoid the parks and just mooch.

We get our Disney fix on these trips from visiting Disney Springs a few times, maybe a resort or two, some mini gol and havng dinner at the Cali Grill watching the fireworks.

We've booked again for this upcoming Feb half-term but currently only have a flight and car. We're still deciding on whether to do our usual thing - get a villa or stay on-site at WDW (a few sites have rooms) or on-site at Universal and do the parks there.

I don't feel too worried about crowds as we've done all these things before and expect to do them again, so we're happy to do what we can, and otherwise enjoy the pool etc.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Next month you mean? I’m booked for 9nts over half term, expecting it to be very busy. All the crowd info points that way with Presidents’ Day holiday etc
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List