Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Dec 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I don’t think they are legally allowed to ask for proof of vaccination.
Its an LA County public health order, depends on capacity. They say they will refuse you entry without proof of covid vax, negative LFT. Had to show this to get into a bar on sunset blvd, no big deal
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
Its an LA County public health order, depends on capacity. They say they will refuse you entry without proof of covid vax, negative LFT. Had to show this to get into a bar on sunset blvd, no big deal
That’s LA though, in flordia I don’t believe it is actually legal to ask.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

That’s LA though, in flordia I don’t believe it is actually legal to ask.
yes, I said in my 1st post that LA Hollywood had imposed masks and where asking for proof
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
yes, I said in my 1st post that LA Hollywood had imposed masks and where asking for proof
I get that, I’m just saying I don’t think it is legally allowed in Florida.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Reacher
Proud to wear my Ears

I know that you have to wear masks once you enter the queue but on rides that are outside like hulkcoaster for example, do you have to keep them on for the duration of the ride or can you take them off once on the coaster?
Jack Reacher is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Just back and I didn’t see many without masks on rides like Velocicoaster and Hulk
Staff members were definitely telling you to put masks over face on these rides.
The fun part is trying to keep the mask on, DD lost one on RRR!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

They have been suggesting they aren’t and I don’t believe either universal or Disney have said they are operating at full capacity, both are very quiet when it comes to figures.

They will provide masks to buy, they won’t provide them for free.
It didn’t feel to me like either were at reduced capacity over Christmas, I personally felt the parks were the busiest we’ve ever seen them (we’ve been a few Easter weekends and summer holidays.) Walkways were often very crowded and there were often long lines for snack carts, lines for restrooms as well as obviously high wait times for rides and Genie+ availability selling out quite early in the day on popular rides. I don’t remember such long lines for snacks or to use the bathroom on previous trips.

I guess all we know really is that Disney’s park passes were mostly sold out Christmas week. We don’t know if they were back at full capacity for sure, but it was definitely busy!

Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
I know that you have to wear masks once you enter the queue but on rides that are outside like hulkcoaster for example, do you have to keep them on for the duration of the ride or can you take them off once on the coaster?
We only saw the odd person without a mask on even on outdoor coasters. Mask compliance was really good at both Universal and Disney in our experience over Christmas.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
It didn’t feel to me like either were at reduced capacity over Christmas, I personally felt the parks were the busiest we’ve ever seen them (we’ve been a few Easter weekends and summer holidays.) Walkways were often very crowded and there were often long lines for snack carts, lines for restrooms as well as obviously high wait times for rides and Genie+ availability selling out quite early in the day on popular rides. I don’t remember such long lines for snacks or to use the bathroom on previous trips.

I guess all we know really is that Disney’s park passes were mostly sold out Christmas week. We don’t know if they were back at full capacity for sure, but it was definitely busy!

We only saw the odd person without a mask on even on outdoor coasters. Mask compliance was really good at both Universal and Disney in our experience over Christmas.
I think Disney normally only reach capacity on xmas eve and xmas day normally, and maybe NYE? So the fact they were at capacity for a week or so before and after maybe suggests they aren't operating at max capacity, but it probably isn't far from! Though I did also see new slots open up nearer the time, so maybe they just increased it? No idea.
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I think Disney normally only reach capacity on xmas eve and xmas day normally, and maybe NYE? So the fact they were at capacity for a week or so before and after maybe suggests they aren't operating at max capacity, but it probably isn't far from! Though I did also see new slots open up nearer the time, so maybe they just increased it? No idea.
Yeah exactly, and we’ll never know for sure. Thinking about it though, with staffing issues and a number of attractions (shows), restaurants and shops still shuttered from the pandemic I wonder if technically Disney can’t operate at their former capacity at the moment (although as you would say I would expect it to be pretty close to over Christmas and New Year.) But with less places for everyone to go once in the park, it would probably feel as busy as full capacity.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Yeah exactly, and we’ll never know for sure. Thinking about it though, with staffing issues and a number of attractions (shows), restaurants and shops still shuttered from the pandemic I wonder if technically Disney can’t operate at their former capacity at the moment (although as you would say I would expect it to be pretty close to over Christmas and New Year.) But with less places for everyone to go once in the park, it would probably feel as busy as full capacity.
Very true, with things still not being fully open it will make it look busier than it actually is.