Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Jan 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Just tried calling for the third day running with the plan to request a call back since picking up that handy tip on here and was quoted 167 minutes wait…is that a record?

Annoyingly I’m not going to be available in three hours to take the call so will try again later.

I really didn’t think it would be this much hard work to amend the dates on my booking.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Just tried calling for the third day running with the plan to request a call back since picking up that handy tip on here and was quoted 167 minutes wait…is that a record?

Annoyingly I’m not going to be available in three hours to take the call so will try again later.

I really didn’t think it would be this much hard work to amend the dates on my booking.
Try calling bang on when it opens, I typically get straight through if phoning at 9:00:00. If you're even a few minutes later, you'll hit the queue wall.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Try calling bang on when it opens, I typically get straight through if phoning at 9:00:00. If you're even a few minutes later, you'll hit the queue wall.
Great, thanks .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I had about a 140 minute call back time once, I knew I would have access to a phone so it worked out fine in that case
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I wasn’t actually offered a callback this morning when it was 165 minutes or this afternoon when it was 167 minutes. It just announced the wait time and then went back to hold music and after about 30 seconds I gave up.

Just tried again and it just went straight to hold music, no estimated wait time or option to call back. I held for a few minutes thinking it might give me the option or tell me the estimated wait time but it didn’t so I hung up. I can’t spend all evening on hold as I have to drive my teenagers places.

I’m going to try Loldis’s suggestion of calling at 9 am tomorrow and hope for the best but I’m getting pretty fed up now. Five attempts over three days and most of them with a wait of over two hours. We didn’t have this much trouble speaking to BA in the summer when flights were getting cancelled left, right and centre.

I know they’re probably short-staffed because of the pandemic but I just don’t understand how this is acceptable customer service or even why so many people are even calling when most things like new bookings or dining reservations or paying balances can be done online.
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I wasn’t actually offered a callback this morning when it was 165 minutes or this afternoon when it was 167 minutes. It just announced the wait time and then went back to hold music and after about 30 seconds I gave up.

Just tried again and it just went straight to hold music, no estimated wait time or option to call back. I held for a few minutes thinking it might give me the option or tell me the estimated wait time but it didn’t so I hung up. I can’t spend all evening on hold as I have to drive my teenagers places.

I’m going to try Loldis’s suggestion of calling at 9 am tomorrow and hope for the best but I’m getting pretty fed up now. Five attempts over three days and most of them with a wait of over two hours. We didn’t have this much trouble speaking to BA in the summer when flights were getting cancelled left, right and centre.

I know they’re probably short-staffed because of the pandemic but I just don’t understand how this is acceptable customer service or even why so many people are even calling when most things like new bookings or dining reservations or paying balances can be done online.
I’m just trying to remember how it worked, I am in LA at the moment so don’t want to try. But I think it announces the wait time at the beginning, you hang on and click through the options as if you were going to wait anyway, I think it is a 1) and then a 2) for amend an existing booking and after that it announces the wait times a second time and after that you can select the callback option.

Ringing at opening time is a good plan too, but be prompt, I once tried that at five past and it was already at over thirty minutes.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

As an aside, my booking has still not updated but I think we are not going to go ahead now anyway.
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I’m just trying to remember how it worked, I am in LA at the moment so don’t want to try. But I think it announces the wait time at the beginning, you hang on and click through the options as if you were going to wait anyway, I think it is a 1) and then a 2) for amend an existing booking and after that it announces the wait times a second time and after that you can select the callback option.

Ringing at opening time is a good plan too, but be prompt, I once tried that at five past and it was already at over thirty minutes.
It doesn’t give the wait time until you’ve selected the options (it’s 2 then 1 but close enough ) and yesterday it gave me the callback option definitely within a minute or two as I didn’t hang on for long. Weird that tonight there was no announcement at all.

Fingers crossed for opening time tomorrow!
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
As an aside, my booking has still not updated but I think we are not going to go ahead now anyway.
That’s annoying that it hasn’t updated still and sorry you’re probably going to have to cancel :.
Old 14 Jan 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Called as soon as the time changed to 9 am, estimated wait time 96 minutes. I can’t wait or do a callback today as I’m going wedding dress shopping with my sister.

I tried chat in the MDE app last night, they responded after two and a half hours to say it has to be done on the phone.

Did some Googling last night and found a few articles on this, it seems call waits have been this crazy at least since September. I did have to laugh when someone in the comments said they had a long wait to make all their dining reservations on the phone…if people would just book these things online maybe there wouldn’t be such long wait times for people who have to call .

The automated message I got back last night while I was waiting said:

‘Due to the Guest’s [sic] excitement and popularity of Genie+ we are experiencing higher than normal wait times’. Hilarious.

At the end of the chat I said that I had tried calling five times in three days and had wait times of 130-167 minutes and he didn’t even respond to pass on the company’s apologies for the long waits or say ‘hope you get it sorted’, he just ended the conversation as resolved.

I wish there was a way to complain to Disney as I’m really peed off at how difficult a simple booking amendment is proving to be. I’ve honestly never experienced such bad customer service. However, I’m guessing the only way to complain is to sit in that call queue (and it’s not their fault, I feel awful for those CMs) or email but apparently they’re taking weeks to reply to emails too. It’s just cr*p.