Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I call 20 mins before the lines close, the call typically gets answered 10-20mins after closing, when I tried 5 mins before I got cut off at closure
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Do they have a live chat on their website? Not sure if this is something they have but if it is for a quick query that would be easier
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Brum26 View Post
Against my better judgement I decided to keep the phone on hold while I was doing other things. At exactly 3 hours it just cut me off. At this point they can actually shove it!
It probably wasn’t Disney cutting you off. Most mobile phone providers cut off automatically after 3 hours.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Tried calling yesterday, bang in 9am and it quoted me a 163 minute wait. It did give me the option for a call back which I selected. Ended up receiving a call around 1230. Weird how it doesn’t always offer it.
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrslfc View Post
Do they have a live chat on their website? Not sure if this is something they have but if it is for a quick query that would be easier
They won’t amend a booking via live chat on MDE. I waited two hours for a response on Thursday night on live chat for the CM to check with guest services and then tell me it needed to be done over the phone.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by baggies View Post
I call 20 mins before the lines close, the call typically gets answered 10-20mins after closing, when I tried 5 mins before I got cut off at closure
The thing is it’s all centralised in the US so surely their closure is later than ours. I know it gives a UK closure time but there must still be people answering phones to US callers after that.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Does anyone know if there is a good time to call Disney? I need to make an amendment to our booking. I’ve tried to call them every day this week and it keeps telling me that the wait time is around 3 hours. Twice I’ve waited for about 90 minutes and then had to hang up because like most people I actually have other things that I need to do during my day. I understand staff shortages etc but surely a company the size of Disney can afford to bring in enough staff even if they’re temps. 3 hour wait on the phone is ridiculous. Any tips?
It’s horrendous. I’ve never known any company to have a 3 hour wait time for anything. Shouldn’t have to spend my whole day waiting for them to pick up the phone with the amount of money we all spend there.
Against my better judgement I decided to keep the phone on hold while I was doing other things. At exactly 3 hours it just cut me off. At this point they can actually shove it!
I’m in the same boat and feel your pain. Copying this mainly word for word from another thread in the accommodation forum where I’ve been moaning about this this week. I’m trying to amend dates on a booking.

I’ve called six times in four days (just couldn’t face it today so haven’t called today.) The quoted wait has ranged from 70 minutes the first time (couldn’t wait as I had the school run), to 135 the next day and then twice the day after it was 165 minutes and then 167 minutes. The last time I called that day it didn’t even give me a wait time just went to hold music. Two of the six times it offered me a callback, not the other four.

When I mentioned how long I was being asked to wait on the other forum, a couple of Dibbers suggested calling at 9 am exactly for a short wait or around a 30 minute wait if you don’t call until 9.05. So yesterday I called as soon as the time changed to 9 am, immediately quoted an estimated wait time of 96 minutes. I couldn’t wait or do a callback as I was going wedding dress shopping with my sister. Every other time I couldn’t wait either as I have to run my teens around after school. It’s hard for me to find a three hour period where I can just wait for the phone to ring and this kind of thing stresses me out, I can’t just do it on the run, I need to be sat down in peace with a piece of paper to make sure it’s all done properly. I know not everyone is the same though.

As I said above I tried chat in the MDE app on Thursday night, they responded after two and a half hours to say it has to be done on the phone.

I did some Googling a couple of nights ago and found a few articles on this, it seems call waits have been this crazy at least since September. I did have to laugh when someone in the comments said they had a long wait to make all their dining reservations on the phone…if people would just book these things online maybe there wouldn’t be such long wait times for people who have to call .

The automated message I got back on chat while I was waiting said:

‘Due to the Guest’s [sic] excitement and popularity of Genie+ we are experiencing higher than normal wait times’. Hilarious.

At the end of the chat I said that I had tried calling five times in three days and had wait times of 130-167 minutes and he didn’t even respond to pass on the company’s apologies for the long waits or say ‘hope you get it sorted’, he just ended the conversation as resolved.

I wish there was a way to complain to Disney as I’m really peed off at how difficult a simple booking amendment is proving to be. However, I’m guessing the only way to complain is to sit in that call queue (and it’s not their fault, I feel awful for those CMs) or email but apparently they’re taking weeks to reply to emails too.

I’ve never come across another company with such poor customer response times. We don’t call our banks, service providers or online retailers and get asked to sit there for three hours or so repeatedly. Yes there’s a staffing shortage issue worldwide but as I said, this has been going on at least three months. Disney should make it easier for people to do certain things online (it’s not out of the realms of possibility that I could amend my dates online myself) and remind customers that they can book holidays and do dining reservations etc online. Disney is one of the biggest companies in the world so you’d think they’d be proactive about this situation. It’s really frustrating that at this point it doesn’t seem they have any regard foe their customers

I would definitely hesitate to make another holiday booking with WDTC at this point with their after sales service being so horrific.
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Update: I called dead-on 10 when lines opened this morning and was told my estimated wait time was 11 minutes. I was offered a call back but thought because it was short I would just wait.

11 minutes turned out to be 57 minutes which was annoying but the CM I spoke to was absolutely lovely and asked ‘How may I make some Disney magic for you?’

Got my booking amended and got to keep all the benefits of the original offer (14 day tickets for 7, dining credit, $200 Disney gift card and celebration gift basket) even though I was shortening the booking from 11 to 5 nights because it was still the same hotel (you can move within resort class without losing benefits) and the dates were still within the offer window.

The CM told me to get my park passes booked because she wanted me to get the parks I want and not have to go to the same park I don’t want over and over every day….we all know she means Epcot 🤣.

Speaking to such a fab CM means I feel a bit less peed off about the whole thing now but I still hope Disney get their call wait times sorted out soon.

Just glad I got it sorted and my tip would be call at opening time on a Sunday and take the callback option even if estimated wait is short because it might end up being a lot longer like mine.
Old 21 Jan 22, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
longles
Getting Excited

phoned this morning dead on 0900 quoted 140 min wait, only been 86 mins so far and still on hold, luckily i don't have to go to work till 13.30, will update later

3 hrs and 5 minutes (185 mins) i was on hold for and then took 20 mins to convert my ultimate tickets to magic ones and add genie+. Hopefully get the time back by not queueing as long while im there... we will see?
2018-CR,YC,RPR... 2020,2021-cancelled 2022-emerald island,swan,HRH

Edited at 02:02 PM.
longles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by longles View Post
phoned this morning dead on 0900 quoted 140 min wait, only been 86 mins so far and still on hold, luckily i don't have to go to work till 13.30, will update later

3 hrs and 5 minutes (185 mins) i was on hold for and then took 20 mins to convert my ultimate tickets to magic ones and add genie+. Hopefully get the time back by not queueing as long while im there... we will see?
this is exactly what I wanted to do .. to add genie +.. hope u don't mind me asking, did u book with the Disney dinning offers? by converting your park tickets does it lose your offers?
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List