Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jan 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I miss going to work as we had so many healthy options
For breakfast, if I don't bring my own I will get egg bagel, egg scramble with tomateo and advocado
For lunch I had huge choice of salads and bowls around, or sushi, burrito bowls if I fancy something bigger.
My step count was so much easier

Being at home so much isn't really helping me at all . We were also so lucky to have small kitchen set up with fridges enough for everyone. You could get hot meal and reheated - as nice soup or something from M&S healthier ranges too
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I miss going to work as we had so many healthy options
For breakfast, if I don't bring my own I will get egg bagel, egg scramble with tomateo and advocado
For lunch I had huge choice of salads and bowls around, or sushi, burrito bowls if I fancy something bigger.
My step count was so much easier

Being at home so much isn't really helping me at all . We were also so lucky to have small kitchen set up with fridges enough for everyone. You could get hot meal and reheated - as nice soup or something from M&S healthier ranges too
I was off work for 6 months last year as my mum had terminal cancer, I agree it was so easy to get into really unhealthy eating habits, I was definitely comfort eating and would order McDonald’s/greggs/Starbucks etc for lunch! I had no routine.

I’ve got my motivation back now, being back at work has really helped with that but as I’m a nurse my breaks tend to be sporadic, sometimes I get to 4/5pm without eating anything, then I snack on rubbish because I’m so hungry but I’m really trying not to do that anymore and try to eat at normal times.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Dinners planned for next week, I will make groceries shopping list tonight

oily fish day Sunday - Mackerel fillet with gremonala Hairy Dieters new recipe to try
pressure cooker day Monday - beef massman with new potatoes - new recipe to try
Mexican day Tuesday - sheet pan fajita, skinny taste, old favorite
rice day Wednesday - Indian spiced chicken and broccoli fried rice - old favorite
pasta day Thursday - rich and meaty Bolognese hair dieters - old recipe

I try to have the new recipes easy to do or during the weekend, and not too many nights. I love having a template plan as its soooo much easier to decide on weekly menu. Instead of thinking what will we have, we are limited/guided to make a rice choice, pasta choice etc.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Weighed in this morning and I’ve lost 20lb since the start of December, down to 11 stone for the first time in at least 20 years 😂

Really hoping my diabetic level has really improved when I test at the start of next month fingers crossed 🤞
Old 14 Jan 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

What amazing success - huge well done to you! Impressive, considering you went through Christmas in the middle!
Old 14 Jan 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
We had seafood from M&S and made a sort of seafood pasta but with courgette noodles. Really nice. paleoleap/seafood-zucchini-pasta/

Old 15 Jan 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I think I am going to make this
realfood.tesco/recipes/r...parma-ham.html

They were just off loading a lot of fish in Tesco and I couldn't resist getting some. I put some in the freezer but left monkfish, mackerel and trout for the next few days.

Trying to decide between this for lunches next week
slimmingeats/blog/ch...d-lentil-curry
and this
slimmingeats/blog/co...t-potato-curry
for lunches for next week. My chicken was so over cooked/dry last week - I need something more juicy

Edited at 04:41 PM.
Old 15 Jan 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
That monkfish recipe looks fab. I often do cod with Parma ham.

If you are looking for a good side and like green beans, these are awesome. pinchofnom/recipes/crispy-green-beans/
Old 16 Jan 22, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Repeat recipe for me but made fresh batch of home made chia jam

bordbia.ie/recipes/fruit...erry-chia-jam/
gordonramsay/gr/reci...chia-seed-jam/

3 weeks since I started with it and tracking, 4.3kg down.

Edited at 08:19 AM.
Old 17 Jan 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I end up with over 18000 steps yesterday as we were out and about in the city. With slight wedge boots, I have forgotten what wearing normal shoes is like

Scale is 10lbs down since the star in total now, but I am going to forget anything else and focus on 1lbs goal this week.

Zumba tonight.

Breakfast - egg scramble with tomatoes and avocado
Lunch - Chicken sweet potato lentil curry from slimming eats, wholegrain rice and need to decide on some veg - maybe spinach will go well
Dinner -Parma ham wrapped monkfish as posted above
Snack - youghurt, banana, berries smoothie with some flax seeds

Treat in the evening if I feel like it - to be decided. I may do some oaty fruity bake or the chocolate orange balls again

Any goals for the week?
Menu & workout for the day?