Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jan 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

4th Time Lucky Day 12 Rest and Rise

Today started misty and dull but the sun soon appeared. We played in the pool and I beat Darren at both volleyball and kerbsy, which was unusual. We spent time in the spa where I could hear children and Xmas songs playing and feel the sun and a warm breeze. It was bliss! Darren and Alix went shopping while I had a lovely time reading and writing my trip report.

When they returned we had lunch on the lanai before having more time in the pool and spa. The water was lovely and warm. Darren and Alix also played pool in the games room but I couldn’t drag myself from the spa.

The mission for the evening was once again to rise with the resistance so we were using the same strategy as previous and arriving just after 7.00. However, this time we drove a different way which was much quicker and we arrived a few minutes before 7.00. So Darren pulled over to see if the parking did close at 7.00. Just before 7.00 the lights went out in the parking booths and we saved another $25. The bonus was we managed to park in the first row.

Star Tours was showing as 10 minutes but was only 5 and we experienced a third version.

Alix bought a pair of Skywalker Academy trousers in a Children's size and a tooka doll called Lula from The Bad Batch.

The single rider lane on RnRC was closed and ToT was 50 minutes so Darren and Alix browsed a shop while I watched the tower show.

They came out to say ToT was down to 30 minutes but we got on and off in 20.

Rise was now down to 65 minutes so we headed there, calling at the market first for Alix to buy a Loth cat and a Star Wars mug.

By the time we got to Rise the wait time had gone up to 75 minutes and the line looked longer than we had seen so Darren decided he didn’t want to wait and took all of our bags to wait outside. This was a shame as it proved to be the same as previous, 15 minutes to the pre show and 30 minutes to the ride. So we’ve now ridden when it was displayed as 55, 65 and 75 minutes but each time it has only taken 30.

It was a dream come true for Allx to get to ride 4 times as she thought she was going to be lucky to ride once. We had a lovely walk out of the scenic, quiet park in the beautiful air.

karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day the sort I enjoy
And a good evening

Joan
Old 15 Jan 22, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It seems HS has been the park of your trip. A shame your DH gave Rise a miss today, I'm making notes that it has short waits late in the evening regardless of the posted wait time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Because Alix is such a fan of Star Wars we knew HS would be THE park this year but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The Xmas decs and snow were great here. We were just saying yesterday that DH regretted not doing the final Rise ride. The late night strategy is definitely one we will be repeating.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Lovely pics again 😍 It’s really useful to know how successful you were with riding Rise at night 👍 what time did the park close?

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katebush95 View Post
Lovely pics again 😍 It’s really useful to know how successful you were with riding Rise at night 👍 what time did the park close?
It closed at 9.00 and was definitely a strategy we will use again.