Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 22, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
I wouldn't say I'm knowledgeable but I've read a lot as we finally go in three weeks

Yes, you are still supposed to do the day 3 tests(for unvaccinated), however, these are not checked by anyone in the US. We will be taking LFTs with us for our own peace of mind.
Thank you - I'll take lat flows too.
How long are you going for?

Also wondering how strict the person supervising will be ...
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
Thank you - I'll take lat flows too.
How long are you going for?

Also wondering how strict the person supervising will be ...
12 nights. I'm beginning to let myself get a little excited now. Not told the kids yet though.

From all the reviews I've read(from DocHQ and for other providers) the negative ones aren't about the person supervising but other aspects of the company/service. All the reviews seem to say good things about the people observing. I'm just glad it's only up the nose now and not down the throat as my children would absolutely refuse after the PCRs that they had to do.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

These are for arrivals to the UK not the predeparture to the USA.

For travel to the US, I have gone with DocHQ as they do 7am appointments and we need the kids testing before school. I used a code I found on here for 30% off so they were Ł24.50 each

Edited to add: Discount code was SMTRAV30
Do you book the appointment after purchase?

I couldn’t see how to check what times they had before purchasing.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Do you book the appointment after purchase?

I couldn’t see how to check what times they had before purchasing.
Yes unfortunately. As we were booking 4 weeks in advance I thought we’d be extremely unlucky not to be able to book a time within the 1 hour window that worked for us. You could maybe call them though admins check availability before purchasing the tests?

Just for info: I ordered the tests 10:30pm Sunday and they were delivered on Tuesday.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

12 nights. I'm beginning to let myself get a little excited now. Not told the kids yet though.

From all the reviews I've read(from DocHQ and for other providers) the negative ones aren't about the person supervising but other aspects of the company/service. All the reviews seem to say good things about the people observing. I'm just glad it's only up the nose now and not down the throat as my children would absolutely refuse after the PCRs that they had to do.
Thanks so much for all your help.
Hope you have a wonderful time.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
Thanks so much for all your help.
Hope you have a wonderful time.
Hope you have a great trip too. Fingers crossed we all get there without any hassle 🤞
Old 14 Jan 22, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes unfortunately. As we were booking 4 weeks in advance I thought we’d be extremely unlucky not to be able to book a time within the 1 hour window that worked for us. You could maybe call them though admins check availability before purchasing the tests?

Just for info: I ordered the tests 10:30pm Sunday and they were delivered on Tuesday.
Thanks, I think I best get ordered now then rather than wait.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
daveb99
New Poster (4)

Hi, lots of useful info here - thank you. The gov.uk site says that we are “recommended” to do another test 3-5 days after arrival in the US.
Does anyone know if this is purely optional as it suggests? It looks like that’s the case from an earlier post but would be good to know more, if possible.
Thanks!
daveb99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Recommended means just that , just like after attending a crowded event or a riskier in some way environment here an LFT isn’t a bad idea.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
daveb99
New Poster (4)

OK, thanks for clarifying.
daveb99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List