Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Jan 22, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

If you head to avis/en/reservation/get-e-receipt you'll be able to see a better receipt.. If you want to post that or email it to me, I can give it a look over and see whats going on, but as mentioned above, estimated charges should always read $0.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
If you head to avis/en/reservation/get-e-receipt you'll be able to see a better receipt.. If you want to post that or email it to me, I can give it a look over and see whats going on, but as mentioned above, estimated charges should always read $0.
Perfect thank you very much pal, I’ve PM’d you pics🥰
glenandem is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

There is a shortfall in the prepaid voucher amount so certainly one for BA to resolve for you. The vehicle was returned slightly in to the 16th day however before the 29 minute grace period cut off so you're fine with that. Its just something that affects some Avis bookings for some reason... If the charge gets posted to your card, get BA to sort the refund out for you. Should be relatively easy and pain fee.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

perfect thanks pal I might message ba now and get them to sort it!
thanks again buddy
glenandem is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Well after messaging them on holiday I was told it would be fine and wouldn’t be charged any extra, at the airport I gave the car back and was told all was good and they email reciept instead of giving you a print off now and guess what today they’ve taken £180 off my credit card!
I’ve emailed avis and going to speak to ba tomorrow but avis just sent auto reply saying 15 working days🤦
Old 31 Jan 22, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by glenandem View Post
Well after messaging them on holiday I was told it would be fine and wouldn’t be charged any extra, at the airport I gave the car back and was told all was good and they email reciept instead of giving you a print off now and guess what today they’ve taken £180 off my credit card!
I’ve emailed avis and going to speak to ba tomorrow but avis just sent auto reply saying 15 working days🤦
Oh no.

Good luck with that. A couple of years ago we got charged for fuel in error and dh spent ages trying to sort it out. He gave up in the end. Emailed, phoned and complained to no avail.

We’ll be making sure all receipts say $0 as really don’t want to have to deal with them again.

Really hope you don’t have the issues we had.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Wesb1980
Earning More Ears

Thias also happened to me...booked car through Expedia, £59 for 24 hours. Returned it next day...Dec 20th 2021, still haven't had the money back! Will keep you updated.
Wesb1980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by glenandem View Post
Snap; dropped car back at Tampa with a full tank of gas on 1st Jan & well within the rental period. All pre-paid via BA.
Told that receipt will be emailed too.

Got the emailed receipt yesterday which shows car returned on 23rd Jan; we flew back to Gatwick 1st Jan!
Our return obviously hasn’t been registered correctly.
Additional rental for 22 days plus late return fee etc plus a refuelling charge shown on the receipt. £977 charged on our card today.

Emailed Avis yesterday; auto-reply re 15 day period for them to look into.
On hold to Avis now; will also call credit card company to freeze that transaction.

Edited at 02:56 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Eeek! Have just booked with Avis having always gone with Alamo and this doesn't look good - I'd appreciate if you can keep the thread updated with what happens
Old 2 Feb 22, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Eeek! Have just booked with Avis having always gone with Alamo and this doesn't look good - I'd appreciate if you can keep the thread updated with what happens
Me too !
Don't like the sound of this emailed receipt thing instead of giving you the paper receipt showing NIL there and then.
Nasty surprise to come home to 😡
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List