Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Feb 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Last Trip before Lockdown. Mar 2020. Day 3 Pancakes, Bikers, Vikings and Burgers.

Fri 6th March
Yesterday is HERE

We were awake at 0430 - the clocks change this weekend in Florida so I reckon that means we will be waking up before we even go to sleep.

That gave us plenty of time to look through the book of exterior paint colours.

Which was far more taxing than necessary

It was another one where the colourways were pre set so no mix and match -this was tricky as we liked the red door but that came with a wall colour that we didn’t like - and the wall colour we liked came with a green door which we didn't want (sorry Shaky no one knockin' on the green door in our house matey - younger readers you will need to look that up.)

It came down to white or grey - white looks amazing but we had our doubts about its upkeep so in a shocking break with our other preferred colourways we went with grey like this …

We also spent time looking at doors, lights and other bits and pieces where we had to choose between either a nickel or copper finish as the builder installs either of these as their base light fittings and handles etc.

I also spent an age going through the printouts to make sure that stuff we had added and taken off had all made their way correctly to the final version which we were signing off today.

We could still change our minds after today but there would be an admin fee so very keen to make sure it was all in order.

We were back at the show house for 0930 and spent an inordinate amount of time choosing the grouting

I am no good at these sort of things and was getting really stressed about making the “ wrong” choice. Helpfully, we were able to go over to a model that was up for sale and try out the samples of tiles and countertops in the various rooms

It was great seeing it - but I was struck by the fact that we would literally have nothing to put in here and it suddenly felt very real and a bit daunting.

The sales team then had another appointment so we popped to Dennys.

It was 1045 and we had crossed that awkward time zone known as “is it late breakfast or early lunch” time? Not brunch tho' as that seems to be just a “thing” on Sunday’s

Breakfast won out ... so that we could still have dinner later

Not been to a Denny’s in a while. A few we have been in have looked a bit tired but this one was looked very well kept and was super clean.

First to note. What’s the deal with Brussels sprouts? They were on so many menus. Food of the devil.

Not on my plate matey

And had the excellent value super slam

I went for the healthy fruit option of the Chocolate Nana breakfast

The stacks arrived first

Side view of the stacks. About the same size as a small child

They did defeat me. And yes I did feel sick walking out to the car.

Still well worth it.

It had been very slow arriving though. They did keep apologising and we weren’t in a rush so it didn’t matter but it was a long wait.

Back to the show house around 12 and another couple of hours going through each line of the options and making sure we were completely happy with everything and then the big moment of signing on the line … and that was it .By 2.30 it was all done and we had signed.

To celebrate we took the short drive to Flagler Beach

It was still cold and windy and increasingly busy with the arriving bikers so a short stop in Johnny D’s .

It was good fun to see but just meant places were very full.

This was quieter and allowed me to put right the weak Texas Fuzz from earlier in the week.
Proper sex on the beach then

Eesh that was strong !

We headed back to the resort as it definitely wasn't beach weather

This is why we love Palm Coast - look how clean it is and so little traffic = this is around 4pm on a Friday ..

We took a stroll around the resort - we didn’t have time on this trip to really do anything here but it was interesting to see the amenities - like the rooms , it felt a bit dated but was still nice to wander around.

The pool looked a bit too chilly for a dip

We walked across to the European Village - it was cold and jackets even made an appearance for the walk.

The village was packed out - with loads of stalls

Loved these carvings

Such lovely stores here - I am not sure how they survive - the other times we have been here, its been so quiet

First stop was Farleys - Im not a huge fan - its definitely a beer drinkers place and was a bit limited for my liking . I left Andy in there chatting to some locals while I had a look in the shops

Popular Viking haunt appaz

We then made our way to Moonrise - a Funky micro brewery which had a steampunk theme going that night.

The food was delicious. Andy had the mushroom burger

I that the one stuffed with cheese and we shared a side of fries

Really juicy

Washed down with these

Good value.
It was 241 happy hour on the beer. And as we are able to walk here from where we are staying it would have been rude not to

Great place.

It had been a lovely evening -it was great to see the Village so lively but I was also glad we hadn't booked an airbnb apartment here as it would have been quite noisy overlooking the square. It is a bit of shame that the house will be further away from the EV as we do like it here.

It was too cold to sit out when we got back to the apartment and the weather tomorrow looked to be equally as chilly. March has proven to be quite unsettled for us on the last few trips - its great on the one hand because its quiet but definitely a bit dodgy on the guarantee of sunshine.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Amanda those pancake stacks look so good , what I wouldn’t give to have one (or 3) right now !

I take my hat off 🎩 to you for making such quick decisions on the house decor

Sadly I didn’t need to google about The Green Door
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Well done on all those decisions for your decor. Quite difficult when things have to be chosen as sets, like the door and wall colours - not something i’d realised.

Breakfast was huge! You forget the portions when it’s been a while!

And lots of interesting places in the evening. Nice that you could enjoy a drink and walk home. Always a bonus 😄

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you were happy with all your choices
Sounds like a good evening ,

Joan
Old 13 Feb 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Amanda those pancake stacks look so good , what I wouldn’t give to have one (or 3) right now !

I take my hat off 🎩 to you for making such quick decisions on the house decor

Sadly I didn’t need to google about The Green Door
Oh those pancakes - they were enormous I just looked at the calories My whole daily allowance in one go.

it’s hilarious really as it’s taken me weeks and weeks to choose stuff for our home renovations here but was super focused over there. Mind you it’s not quite as overwhelming as standing in the tile store and being confronted with sooooo many choices

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Well done on all those decisions for your decor. Quite difficult when things have to be chosen as sets, like the door and wall colours - not something i’d realised.

Breakfast was huge! You forget the portions when it’s been a while!

And lots of interesting places in the evening. Nice that you could enjoy a drink and walk home. Always a bonus 😄
Hello Yes it is funny, they were super flexible on somethings for the house and not others.

I re read the moonrise menu and saw those pesky sprouts were on there as well. Must have been a make sprouts great again campaign or something They were everywhere . Breakfast was huge. I miss these morning feasts

It really was lovely being able to walk to the Village in the evenings especially for Andy giving him a break as the driver. It was also lovely that the lady at the cork and pint there had remembered us .. we must stand out given so few Brits visit there.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Glad you were happy with all your choices
Sounds like a good evening ,

Joan
Hello Joan, hope you are keeping well x It was good fun even if a bit chilly
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Sprouts at any time
But breakfast

Anyway Amanda, the house is looking like it will be so fab. I can’t even decide what units to put into our new kitchen so I’d never cope with all the choices you’re having to make
Old 13 Feb 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Loving reading the updates and especially after this year would love to end up with a home in Florida. You are very brave starting from scratch though, dont think I could cope with quite so many choices!

I might have chosen the green door though, I am such a massive Shaky fan I even flew home to Glasgow to see him in concert in 2019! 😆

Edited at 09:02 PM.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Sprouts at any time
But breakfast

Anyway Amanda, the house is looking like it will be so fab. I can’t even decide what units to put into our new kitchen so I’d never cope with all the choices you’re having to make
Ha ha , I know right Just wrong
I’ve been the same - it’s taken me six weeks to choose a mirror. There is such a thing as too much choice

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Loving reading the updates and especially after this year would love to end up with a home in Florida. You are very brave starting from scratch though, dont think I could cope with quite so many choices!

I might have chosen the green door though, I am such a massive Shaky fan I even flew home to Glasgow to see him in concert in 2019! 😆
Ha ha thank you. It definitely required decisiveness
Oh that’s amazing . Is he still touring? I remember the original coming out, those were the days of the little singles records ..
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Lovely to read your update, best to make the right villa choices from the start!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

The choices all look lovely - I have a lot of grey in my kitchen and it does look nice (if I do say so myself). Wood effect tile flooring as well. Sounds like it was a very well organised process.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List