Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jan 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD’s school have confirmed they have submitted the reference. My DD is going to press send over the weekend! Exciting times!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RuthieR
Getting Excited

DS1 started Uni last Sept. I started shopping for "stuff" this time last year. It's worth picking up some bargains in the sales and putting them away for Uni if you have enough storage. We wrote a list of what we thought he needed and then bought a couple of items each week to spread the cost. We had everything put away in storage boxes by the start of summer and was a lot easier this way. Maybe a handy tip for those with students going in Sept.
RuthieR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
DD made me laugh yesterday (I’ll add at this point, that she’s very bright, and usually for a 17 year old very competent]. She asked “Mum does your insurance offer have to be a lower set of grades than your first choice?” I think perhaps she missed some explanation of the UCAS process along the way

She’s now not sure she really wants to study at either of her lower grade choices, hence the question She’ll just have to continue to work hard to get the 3xA she needs for her first choice.

Good luck to all those getting their UCAS forms in, hopefully they’ll stay happy with their choices !

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

DS submitted his application last week as he was waiting on college to approve it. So he's not heard anything yet, I know some on the unis he's applied to do interviews. He's applied to Gloucester, Bournemouth, Edgehill, Derby and Staffordshire which will be at the college he goes to.
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Daughter has auditions for ArtsEd and GSA, one is a recording for first round and the other is in person with first rounds in the morning and then recalls in the afternoon we believe. She still has 2 other applications to submit, one is direct though so slightly later closing date, we are just waiting for the reference from her dance teacher. She’s been a bit slow to get these in and I think is having a bit of a wobble, probably because mocks are fast approaching and she is convinced she’s going to fail. We attended a good open day at BIRD college last week which has renewed her enthusiasm so hopefully we will get the rest in this week and then have the auditions to deal with. I don’t think we will know for definite if she has any offers til May time though.
When do we need to be sorting out the finance stuff? I don’t want to miss the boat on that.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Daughter has auditions for ArtsEd and GSA, one is a recording for first round and the other is in person with first rounds in the morning and then recalls in the afternoon we believe. She still has 2 other applications to submit, one is direct though so slightly later closing date, we are just waiting for the reference from her dance teacher. She’s been a bit slow to get these in and I think is having a bit of a wobble, probably because mocks are fast approaching and she is convinced she’s going to fail. We attended a good open day at BIRD college last week which has renewed her enthusiasm so hopefully we will get the rest in this week and then have the auditions to deal with. I don’t think we will know for definite if she has any offers til May time though.
When do we need to be sorting out the finance stuff? I don’t want to miss the boat on that.
Good Luck to your daughter, which is her favorite? DD really liked GSA but didn't get an offer, Bird are notorious for putting everyone on the waiting list and then make offers really late.
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

She’s being really coy about picking a fav- her theory being then if she gets an offer at any of them she will be delighted and not miffed if she doesn’t get an offer from her favourite 😃
In truth, I think she would prefer artsed as she did a weeks course there last summer and loved it and felt really at home, she also really liked bird. She’s also applying to mountview but we haven’t had chance to have a look round there.
Hope your DD gets an offer she’s pleased with, I think it’s notoriously difficult to get in first time at the more recognised drama schools/dance colleges so we are prepared to have to do it all again next year!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
She’s being really coy about picking a fav- her theory being then if she gets an offer at any of them she will be delighted and not miffed if she doesn’t get an offer from her favourite 😃
In truth, I think she would prefer artsed as she did a weeks course there last summer and loved it and felt really at home, she also really liked bird. She’s also applying to mountview but we haven’t had chance to have a look round there.
Hope your DD gets an offer she’s pleased with, I think it’s notoriously difficult to get in first time at the more recognised drama schools/dance colleges so we are prepared to have to do it all again next year!
DD is in her 3rd year at Chichester (which was her back up option), she just fell in the love with the place when she auditioned. She really liked Arts Ed when we looked round but the extra fees on top of the student loan was just not affordable for us. I know a handful who got in first time round a lot though got offered foundation years and did those and then applied again the following year.
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
DS submitted his application last week as he was waiting on college to approve it. So he's not heard anything yet, I know some on the unis he's applied to do interviews. He's applied to Gloucester, Bournemouth, Edgehill, Derby and Staffordshire which will be at the college he goes to.
What is he hoping to study? My 2 went to Edge Hill and I work at Staffs so if you have any questions I’d be happy to try and help
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
DD is in her 3rd year at Chichester (which was her back up option), she just fell in the love with the place when she auditioned. She really liked Arts Ed when we looked round but the extra fees on top of the student loan was just not affordable for us. I know a handful who got in first time round a lot though got offered foundation years and did those and then applied again the following year.
Ah I see, fantastic she got in to a place she loved, I think that’s half the battle isn’t it? I imagine she is knee deep in dissertation work right now. I know what you mean about the fees for ArtsEd and it’s the same for mountview, I think it’ll be a stretch for us really especially if she ends up doing a foundation year. We will have to cross that bridge when we come to it I guess, it’ll be nice just to have some offers! Good luck to your daughter for this final year.