Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

He could have many advisors there will only 1 person he listens to about what he should say and it’s Meghan. It could be her saying that word for word . We can all sympathise with what he went through . However he has access to to get help for his mental health issues people could only dream of. I think he is insulting those that have problems and can’t get the help.
I may get a lot of disagreement on here. I feel if it was a woman that had moved away with her husband to another country and was isolated from her family we would be looking at this very differently. Manipulation comes to mind ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Like I said on the other thread about him, he really should get some better advisers and listen to them!
I think that he (and Meghan) are now so utterly self obsessed, that no advisor will change them.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

My thoughts... for what they’re worth...
Prince Charles did have a tough upbringing, emotionally neglected and bought up by nannies, sent to a harsh boarding school because it suited his father, everyone is aware of this...
Diana tried very hard not to inflict that upbringing on her sons as she too had a harsh childhood...again it’s never been a secret...
It’s natural for Harry who is now not tied to royal protocol to want a better upbringing for his children... I believe it’s only natural to want to give your child the best upbringing you can but...
William and Kate seem to be managing to give their children a good childhood without complaint. Lots of children have very harsh upbringings without the life of luxury and privilege of being royal...
Why bring it now? It makes him seem pathetic complaining as he is when he has a mansion and millions and living life in such luxury... I used to like him or the persona he assumed, now he’s showing his true colours and it’s not pretty... and yes people will stop listening soon and hopefully he’ll fade into oblivion...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

So many people have fought and died for our right to practice freedom of religion, speech, protest, press. I'm sad that he found it necessary to disrespect their sacrifice (ironically, so close to our Memorial Day). I hope he reflects on his words.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
So many people have fought and died for our right to practice freedom of religion, speech, protest, press. I'm sad that he found it necessary to disrespect their sacrifice (ironically, so close to our Memorial Day). I hope he reflects on his words.
SleepingBeauty, do you think his comments will affect how he’s perceived in the USA ?
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Out of his depth.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
SleepingBeauty, do you think his comments will affect how he’s perceived in the USA ?
Loulou...sadly, yes. He'll be perceived as a whining and entitled person who lacks understanding and tact to behave graciously in a country in which he is a guest.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Loulou...sadly, yes. He'll be perceived as a whining and entitled person who lacks understanding and tact to behave graciously in a country in which he is a guest.
Spoken very eloquently x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Ironically he chooses to lambaste the very amendment that allows him the freedom and platform to spout his nonsense. Though I suspect it’s the freedom of press he is mostly referring to.

He seems to be on a roll with upsetting people without any care to the effect of his actions or words - again seemingly ironic from someone who talks a lot about the mental health of himself and others.

He really is becoming that one person in the family that everyone cringes about when they open their mouth.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

My personal thoughts.

Many people have had a difficult upbringing violence, poverty, etc.
Many people have raised their children differently.
Many people have mental health struggles.
Many people move away from family.
Many people marry partners family members dislike.
Many people have cut off contact with family.

Most people find a way to lead a happy health life without airing their dirty laundry in public. They consider the trauma they have been through and ensure they aren't the cause of trauma to others. He has access to the best of everything from housing to food to health care both physical and mental. He needs to step away, shut up & deal with his issues in private using all these resources many others can only dream of. Only then can he make a better life. Then he can maybe step forward as an advocate.

samaritains samh.uk breathingspace.scot. mentalhealth-uk

Edited at 01:06 PM.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread