Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Nov 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Has anyone travelled yet and just showed evidence they have had covid without testing?

As the title says really.
My whole family had covid in October and will be within the 90days when we travel in a couple of weeks.
I was just wondering if anyone has just provided proof of covid on their nhs covid pass and not done lateral flow tests?
I can prove we have had it from our Nhs app for myself, husband and son (18) but can’t currently prove it for my daughter (14) so I’m thinking I will book tests just for her.
Thanks for your help

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi, we have yet to travel but are travelling the 30th. My 6 yr old had covid so we have printed off the email that we received as her results and also got a letter off the GP. The Gp thing was a painstaking process where I phoned daily for 9 days straight (sometimes multiple times) until they did me one x
Kimbers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kimbers View Post
Hi, we have yet to travel but are travelling the 30th. My 6 yr old had covid so we have printed off the email that we received as her results and also got a letter off the GP. The Gp thing was a painstaking process where I phoned daily for 9 days straight (sometimes multiple times) until they did me one x
Thanks for your reply.
What did they print off for you?

I have had a print out of her positive result but it doesn’t look official with heading paper or anything. It’s literally a print out of her record. It says her name and date of positive result but also looks like anyone could make it up themselves.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

I am here with my grandchildren now and their isolation ended the day before travel !
I went to the airport before travel day and got it sorted ..BA needed the 2 emails you get
1st one saying you have covid the second one saying your isolation ends on ...date
They put an Alert on the booking saying they were cleared for travel with these documents
They made various calls while I was with them ..took me 2 hours to get that on the system..they were really nice though..
If you can I would sort it before your travel day as not all doctors are willing to write a letter ours definitely wasn't
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers

I printed the email myself that I got when we received her positive result from her lab pcr.

It took an age to get the Dr to agree to write a letter it’s on letterhead and signed by the doctor and gives daughters name/ address/ DOB and also that she tested positive on X day and ended isolation on x day and has since returned to normal life x
Kimbers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers

I am so glad you got there! Was thinking about you!
Old 20 Nov 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kimbers View Post
I am so glad you got there! Was thinking about you!
Oh thank you..it was mega stressful !
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Someone on one of my Facebook groups got denied at check in the other day with Virgin, they only had the NHS app proof of recovery, Virgin stated they needed a signed letter from GP as well.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

A friend of mine flew to Texas this week with BA. No letter, just the nhs proof of recovery.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for your replies. I’m getting a bit nervous about all of this now. I have searched high and low for my daughters positive test and recovery emails and I can’t find them on any of my devices. I’ve found the rest of the family emails and not hers. She was the first one out of all of us to test positive. I think I’m going to have to just book her in for tests to cover all bases

Louise