Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Nov 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

It’s only been 1063 days - Day 5 - Universal

First day at Universal today. We wanted to hit the parks early and do Hagrids and Velocicoaster. It was a Sunday so we knew it would be busy. Got to the parks around 7.30am for the 8am start and got in smoothly.

Wanted to head for Velocicoaster first but it was delayed so we went to Hagrids. We quickly learnt that this was the wisest move anyway as Hagrids has a long queue all day, whereas I was surprised to see very short queues at points for Velocicoaster - as low as 10 minutes at points.

Absolutely loved Hagrids, what a great ride! I can see why it’s so popular.

Made it across to Velocicoaster after this and I loved the theming here, they’ve done a great job of merging it into the rest of the Jurassic Park space, it looks great and blends seamlessly. The ride is very good, it differs on where you sit massively though. We sat near the front and I was a bit underwhelmed tbh, it wasn’t very intense but still fun. I then sat at the back another morning and oh my days what a difference! So much more whip as you go round and it felt so much faster. So if you like it more intense and more of a thrill, you’ll prefer it at the back.

We then spent the rest of the day using the Express Passes we bought after Velocicoaster. It was a treat for us both and it was worth it, being a Sunday it did get busy. We purposefully just kept going on ride after ride to get the most out of it. We also did rides we don’t do very often - Simpsons, Minions etc as we could. Had a really good day and by around 6.30pm, I’d actually reached my elastic limit for riding, which I never thought I would!

We also grabbed a hot butterbeer, a must even in the warm for us, it’s my favourite style!

We decided to save the parade and shows etc for another day when we could relax so we led the parks and grabbed a drink before our reservation at Vivo at 8pm (which we made the day before and we’re glad we did as it got booked up). We’ve eaten there before and once again it was a pleasant meal, just went for the bread service and the mains.

After another heavy day we wandered back and went to bed, with the aim of going shopping tomorrow.
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Love the sound of your day universal, am dying to get on hagraids as that wasn’t open last time I was there in 2019, looking forward to velocicoster and the bourne stunt show too
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Thanks for the tip for Velocicoaster! Sounds like you certainly got your money's worht out of the express passes x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

I can't wait to ride Velocicoaster - we're heading to Universal next week. Hopefully we'll get to sit at the back 🤞
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Can’t wait for all these new to us rides at Universal too
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A full on day of rides at universal, sounds like the express passes were worth it for you as you got your fill of coasters.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great day , I can’t wait to ride Hagrids 🤗
WIGGYSMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Great tip about Hagrids - is it a much slower loaded than veloicoaster? X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Sounds like a good day. We didn’t get the chance to do Hagrids when we were there in 2019. Can’t wait to try it next year.
I think I need to try & get a seat near the front of the Velocicoaster 😆
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List