Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Dec 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Prep veg etc for next day’s Christmas lunch, make dessert, set table. We always have dinner of spag bol by candlelight (can’t remember how that family tradition started, but kids insist every year)!
Old 16 Dec 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked a late lunch out but I am not sure now with all this new variant 😬
In the evening we always watch Christmas carol 🤩 whilst eating goodies !
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerliz
Getting Excited

Loved reading all your Christmas Eve plans! We go to a lovely nearby town for a walk and breakfast at a cafe, then later in the afternoon we go for a cocktail to a local bar (around 3pm before it gets too busy) then home to watch Christmas films and eat party food 😊

DLP - Sequoia Lodge - May 2019
WDW POP Century + Universal Aventura - March 2022
DLP - Newport Bay - January 2023
WDW POP Cenury - September 2023
tinkerliz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

In the morning we’ll nip the dogs out for a quick walk, then I’ll set the table for Christmas lunch whilst DH goes to the garage to get the stuff that needs defrosting and move it to the spare fridge (also I the garage). Then we’re visiting our son and his family before going to a local restaurant for lunch……hopefully…
After lunch, home to sort last minute bits before a few drinks and a buffet tea/supper…..

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
We always go to the cinema on xmas eve, but like you, the 2 films we all want to see are west side story or a boy called Christmas... both not on , I can understand west side story not being on, but a Christmas film ?
A Boy called Christmas just seems to be limited release at cinemas as it’s on Sky.
I was excited about seeing it but our local cinemas aren’t showing it at all.
Old 17 Dec 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We are going to eat out at our local wine bar with our closest friends.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Going to meet some family for breakfast in the pub, then all going the panto at 11am.

Pick up my Nan at 3 and bring her to mine to drop all her stuff (she’s 82 and staying until Boxing Day) before going to the pub for an early tea at 4pm.

Back home to prep the veg, new pjs (got me and my Nan the same too &#128522 reindeer dust, baths and putting out Santa treats and just generally getting ready for the big day!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Not sure yet the others are working so will probably do some baking with my youngest and later we’ll have movie night as per usual but beyond that?
Had hoped to go out for a meal but not worth the risk with current COVID rates so might get a takeaway instead to help support local business
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
We always go out for breakfast and then home for Christmas dinner prep.
In the afternoon we will be going for a walk along the canal before we have an early dinner at a riverside pub.
Will come home and watch polar express and Christmas with the Kranks with some snowballs .
Dh will then inflict Blackadder Christmas special on me just before bed 🙄
This was all sounding so idyllic until Blackadder 😂
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Well we will kick off the morning collecting our M&S food order at 7:00 then I need to log on for work and will finish 5pm the latest if hopefully nothing urgent comes up. Then it will be cleaning and prepping as much as possible. I’m starting to feel like Cinders compared to all of these lovely plans I’m reading 😂
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List