Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 17 Dec 21, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our Christmas Day menu

Breakfast kedgeree made with Arbroath Smokies that are in the freezer from the family small smoke house
We don’t eat till 5 suits the in normal times visits to other family the 2 diabetics in family
From around 11am I lay put the starter platters pate / toast
Charcuterie board , smoked salmon prawns etc and stick the pre made soup heated to food safe standard in the slow cooker at warm with crusty bread on the side for anyone who drops in or is hungry
At 5 no starters
It’s turkey rib roast or gammon pigs in blankets stuffing
Roast / new potatoes
Carrots
Roast parsnip
Sprouts
Cauliflower cheese
Gravy and cranberry sauce
desserts are a,ways cold
Trifle
Pavlova
Ice cream
Them I layout cheese crackers grape’s pomegranate seeds we love them and dates my favourite
Christmas cake
Mince pies
And along with the dates the Italian nougat both of which nobody touches with put my say so
Like last year small scale just 3 households this time but pick up and zoom is arranged for 27 of us
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Wowza you will be goin to bed full up. Enjoy
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds amazing
Old 17 Dec 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The way people are testing positive and having to isolate I think spam might be on the Christmas Day menu for lots.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds lovely, enjoy 🥰
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Goodness! That’s a feast! In my household we couldn’t eat a fraction of that.

First thing is the kiddies present opening. That seems to last forever. Then I start cooking the turkey from scratch. I will have my usual breakfast of two crispbreads and peanut butter. The kids will have cereal and no idea what the others will have. They will sort themselves. All rather casual really.

Around 11am I’ll open the champagne. Around noon I’ll open some more champagne and that will be the pattern until I dish up turkey, ham and veg at around 1:30-2pm. We have this with red and white wine according to individual preference. Or this year as the three year old usually has a nap at exactly that time it could be different timing wise. I take my orders from the boss. My daughter lol!

My son in law is responsible for buying and cooking the Christmas Pudding and lighting it with something. Brandy? I usually only have a tiny spoonful as I’m full by then.

When we are hungry later on there is a second cold turkey cooked the day before with picky bits like the stuff you can pre-buy. Maybe cold salmon, tempura prawns etc etc. You choose what you want as my cooking is done for the day after the turkey lunch.

After the kids are in bed it’s g&t’s, or drinks of your choice and games.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have 15 here on Xmas day but some family are working so we do a buffet and then we all have Xmas dinner on Boxing Day when everyone can make it. Xmas day it’s hot pork sandwiches, pigs in blankets and roasties, lasagne, carbonara, garlic bread, salad, crisps etc. There will be turkey if anyone wants any 😊. Hopefully still able to go out to a local hotel fir Boxing Day-fingers crossed!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds lovely Helen , we are scaling it back again this year partly covid , partly work commitments but we will still have a lovely day, no in laws or my mum over, my eldest is coming over Xmas Eve she will sleep over and we will eat too much and watch Xmas films, she likes to be here for her sister waking up (early)... Christmas dinner will be part baked rolls crammed with turkey and cranberry sauce, pigs in blankets and roasties on the side and whatever fancy dessert catches my eye in M & S, my daughter's working Xmas day night, she recently started working on the hospital's children's ward so hoping to make that as fun as it can possibly be, boxing day traditionally will be our Xmas dinner but I'm working so looking at doing that another day instead
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Helen, that sounds amazing!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Sounds lovely !

Last yr there was only 4 of us but this yr we are joined by FIL so we’ll be 5.

We normally have lunch st 1.30 but I was thinking if moving it to 5 like you have it. Want to spend a little more time lazying around in the morning than to have to dash from present chaos to start cooking.

We dont have starters and then : Turkey crown, roasties, sprouts, parsnip puree, home made gravy, yorkshires, cranberry jelly, pigd in blankets, stuffing balls.
For pudding a cherry pavlova