Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Dec 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemouse
Looking for Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Alamo skip the counter

I can't find how to 'skip the counter' for Alamo. Says booking is ineligible for skip the counter. I know it can be a pain and I know I have done it before. Have the rules changed, or is there a trick I should be doing. I have completed accelerated check in. Sorry if this has been asked a million times.

Edited to add, booked with Andy.

Edited at 01:06 PM.
minniemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Did you not get a link to a form like this in an email from Andy when he confirmed your booking?

alamo/en/reserve/c...rs-lookup.html

After you complete it it will ask if you want to print the bar code.

It worked fine about a month ago

If you didn't just drop him an email

Mick

PS Hopefully you used a 10 digit Alamo booking reference maybe starting 143xxxxxxx

Edited at 01:26 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemouse
Looking for Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Mick

I can't see a link like that in any of my emails. Just a guide to complete accelerated check in then use the kiosks?

Yes, it's a 10 digit booking ref.

I'll email Andy, Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 17 Dec 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Try completing the form that I linked. From memory it will ask about flight and D/L details then ask if you want to print a barcode.

Just a thought though. Are you flying into Sanford although I think no UK does now You can't STC at SFB

Mick

Another PS Don't forget that the D/L date questions are in the MM/DD/YYYY format

Edited at 01:38 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Whilst the borders were closed, Alamo changed things... In the past, there were two systems:
*Online Check In - Which is what everyone will have been used to completing in the past and the system gave you a print out with a barcode.
*Skip the Counter - Rarely completed and was only meant for customers who had booked directly with Alamo... It was only completed by people who knew of the work around by opening different tabs and jumping through a few hoops.

The new system are:
*Accelerated Check-In
*Skip the Counter

Basically the same in that the first website gathers the drivers details but it no longer gives you a print out or barcode.

Skip the Counter is still only open to customers who book direct and the work around no longer works. You're supposed to go to the rental desk or self service kiosk to print off your rental agreement before going to the garage... however I'm hearing from customers who are still just going straight to the garage... Any recent customers doing this or having issues?

I've put a bit of a guide up at discountfloridacarhire.c...heck-in-guide/
Just be aware that once its completed, you can't go back and edit like you could in the past so make sure to add all drivers in one go.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk

Edited at 02:13 PM.
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Whilst the borders were closed, Alamo changed things... In the past, there were two systems:
*Online Check In - Which is what everyone will have been used to completing in the past and the system gave you a print out with a barcode.
*Skip the Counter - Rarely completed and was only meant for customers who had booked directly with Alamo... It was only completed by people who knew of the work around by opening different tabs and jumping through a few hoops.

The new system are:
*Accelerated Check-In
*Skip the Counter

Basically the same in that the first website gathers the drivers details but it no longer gives you a print out or barcode.

Skip the Counter is still only open to customers who book direct and the work around no longer works. You're supposed to go to the rental desk or self service kiosk to print off your rental agreement before going to the garage... however I'm hearing from customers who are still just going straight to the garage... Any recent customers doing this or having issues?

I've put a bit of a guide up at discountfloridacarhire.c...heck-in-guide/
Andy

The form that I linked above was directly from the link in your email confirming my booking. To be honest though it didn't look familiar so I assume that your link is "dynamic" - if that's the right techy word - what I mean is that it takes you to the current form and not the one I used.

I guess that I did my OLCI and STC in early November once I was fairly sure that we were going on the 16th.

I left Joan sitting near the Christmas tree and went over to side A to collect the VTP. Then down to B garage. Around a dozen Chevy Malibus or Toyota Camrays, a couple of entry level SUVs and one F150 in the full size car row. Added fuel service at the barrier and the bar code worked as well as ever.

Mick
Old 17 Dec 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemouse
Looking for Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks both, we'll go to the kiosk, hopefully won't have to go to the counter and deal with any pesky agents.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I left Joan sitting near the Christmas tree
Love this...made me smile.
Old 19 Dec 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post

Love this...made me smile.
At the moment you can only pick up the VTP on side A. We did think about both going over and picking the car up in garage A but changed our mind. I collected the tag and we both went to garage B . The car is then on auto-pilot to the 417 south exit.

Mick
Old 21 Dec 21, 04:48 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

[QUOTE=minniemouse;15249462]Thanks both, we'll go to the kiosk, hopefully won't have to go to the counter and deal with any pesky agents.

Done accelerated check in and went straight to kiosk this evening with no problem at all.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kala
Trying for More Ears

Hello I have booked ALAMO WITH VIRGIN HOLIDAYS it will not let me skip the counter will not take the Virgin booking reference how did you do acceleration and go direct to the garage thank you 😊
Kala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List