Old 21 Dec 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Our first trip with Martha. Day 1

I woke at 4am, I couldn't believe it, after that horrific travel day I though I would manage more than 4 hours sleep. The girls woke at 5.30am and I took them into the living area to have some breakfast. Laura appeared at 6am and Aaron at 6.30am. The sunrise & view from our balcony was better than we remembered. Just stunning.

We all got ready & left the hotel at 7.30am. We were heading to Magic Kingdom! I had read online that today was a sell out in the park so we went with expectations of a busy park with our only goals being to get Main St photos of the girls and to soak up the atmosphere.

We parked up and decided to get the ferry, it was lovely seeing the park come into view. It had only been 2 years since we last visited but it felt like so much longer.

We got into the park easily, the metal detectors are so much quicker than the old style bag check. Aaron and Laura went to use the toilet so I set off up Main St with the girls and queued for a photopass photographer. Aaron and Laura found us in time so we all got some photos.

The park didn't seem busy so we head in the direction of Haunted Mansion, it was a walk on. Edith was a bit frightened but still enjoyed the ride and Martha was so relaxed that she was asleep by the end. We popped her into her pushchair to continue her sleep and carried on wondering the park.

Aaron offered to stay with Martha while Laura, Edith and I rode Small World. I love this ride, its so nostalgic and Edith loved it too, she spent the whole ride copying the various dance moves.

We popped into the ears shop near Philarmagic next & got one of the ear caps embroidered for Martha. Whilewe were in there a lovely Cast Member gave Edith some badges and told her she was a princess.. They said it would take about 15 minutes so we wondered some more. Aaron wanted a treat so we head to Main St Confectionery where he grabbed an MnM Mickey Head.

We head to Tomorrowland next & jumped on the Peoplemover, always a winner. On the way we passed the Purple Wall with the new Stitch.

Next up, I took Edith on the Speedway while Aaron & Laura went back to collect the ears. Edith absolutely LOVED this ride, I can't explain the excitement levels as she drove us around the track, utter joy.

Edith enjoyed modelling the ears & her new pins.

It was 11am now and having had breakfast so early we were all ready for lunch. We popped into Cosmic Rays. The queuing system was a bit weird in here & I still don't know what we did wrong but there was a Cast Member that just kept telling us to move and then changing his mind. We got served in the end though & the food was really good so worth the hassle.

I had the Greek salad with chicken, Aaron had a burger, I got mac & cheese for the girls (the first of MANY this trip) and Laura had some chicken strips. We sat by the DJ and enjoyed the tunes while we ate.

We did Philarmagic next, this has always been a firm favourite of mine but I didn't realise it had been updated and I absolutely loved the new additions, especially the Coco part as that's my new Disney fave.

Walking over towards Adventureland, we spotted Santa. He was just leaving but we were told to come back in half an hour.

Laura was after her favourite snack now, the Pineapple upside down cake from Aloha Isle so we head there. To all our disappointment, it was no longer on the menu so we went for the three cake option with the pineapple dole. The cakes were so dry we didn't make a dent at all and weren't very impressed.

We popped back to meet santa and had to wait about 15 minutes but he was so good!

The park was noticeably busier now so we made the decision to head out, we had managed a lot more that we thought and it had been a fabulous morning back in our favourite place.

Back in the car, we head to the large Target on the 192. Aaron was keen to get some of his favourite Low & Slow bourbon from the liquor store there and I don't need any persuasion to look round American shops.

We were back at the Condo at 4pm and agreed to be ready to head out for donner at 6pm. We all had to fight really hard to not have a nap. Aaron and I have made that mistake before & on many occasions we have slept through till the next morning & missed a much looked forward to dinner opportunity.

Longhorns was decided on for dinner, the Vineland one is only a couple of minutes away from our hotel so I offered to try and drive the 'Beast' back so Aaron could partake in his favourite Blue Moon beers. We were seated right away and soon ordered our food. Oh my, it was good food. We had the gorgeous bread & then I went for a parmesan topped ribeye with a loaded jacket & an amazing strawberry & pecan salad. Aaron had a ribeye with broccoli, loaded potato & tossed salad & Laura had a main potion of my salad but with added chicken. I ordered the grilled chicken strips for the girls to share with some of Aarons broccoli (children's menus in the US really are lacking in inspiration), but they were both too tired to eat.

Martha had fallen asleep in my arms by the time we finished our food so we paid up & head back to the hotel. Edith was also asleep by the time we got back so we carried them both up & popped them straight into bed. We all followed not long after.

Edited at 04:39 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Interested in where you are staying? Sorry if I missed where you said!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great first day; glad you got to do so much.

Philharmagic is my favourite attraction in the whole of WDW so excited to hear it has had an update.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Interested in where you are staying? Sorry if I missed where you said!
We were at the Blue Heron Beach Resort. It was our third time and I can highly recommend it.

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
A great first day; glad you got to do so much.

Philharmagic is my favourite attraction in the whole of WDW so excited to hear it has had an update.
Oh i'm glad someone else loves it, it doesn't seem to get talked abut much. We got so much more done on this MK trip than we thought we would.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Great first day at MK ❤️
Looking forward to reading more, thank you for posting 🙂
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

What a lovely first day some beautiful pictures So glad you got some rides done
Old 21 Dec 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Loving hearing about your trip. X
Old 21 Dec 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

A great first day. I didn’t realise Philharmagic had been updated either - I’m a bit out of touch with what’s changed since our last trip.

Your meal looks nice.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like a fab first day after a looooong travel day!

Longhorns looks amazing - I think this is now on my definate list for our trip!
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great first day

Can’t beat Longhorn

Joan