Old 30 Dec 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Magic is Calling - Day 8 - November 2021 - Magic Kingdom & Disney Springs

Index here

Day 7 Here

Day 8 - 21 November 2021 - Magic Kingdom & Disney Springs

I wake today for around 730, nice and rested after our early night yesterday.

I grab some breakfast from the hotel today, it’s super busy again so grab what I can and take it back to the room for us to eat. We realise that our time at the Home2 suites is coming to an end we did think about having a tidy up, but decide against it and headed to Magic Kingdom instead!

We park up in Hero which is a first for us, and take the long long walk to the bag check and the transportation centre. As we didn’t get a chance to visit the Grand Floridian the other night we hop onto the resort Monorail for the short journey.

We have never visited the Grand Floridan before so take the chance to visit the shops, take a look at the wonderful Christmas tree and of course the amazing ginger bread house.

We grab the monorail to Magic kingdom and arrive for 1030.

It’s super super super busy today, there is some Cheerleading event at one of tbr hotels, so lots of girls in their outfits and it is also Dapper day, so lots of people dressed up amazingly.

One of our favourite things to do is just people watch and what better place to do it than Magic Kingdom. We grab a spot on Main Street and just watch the world go by for 20 minutes. We see all the amazing outfits people are wearing for dapper day and also get to see a couple of cavalcades come and go.

Once we are done in the shops and people watching we head to Casey corner for an early lunch and I grab a hotdog to share along with a side of fries. We managed to grab a table this time so can easily sit for a little to enjoy our lunch.

After lunch we head to fantasy land and to Prince Charming carousel, posted wait is 25 but we only waited 10, we pick a couple of lovely horses to take us on a couple of laps. From here we head to small world where a 40 min wait turns to 30 and queue the song in our head all day. Next up was little mermaid with a wait of 30 but we did it in 20.

We next head to tomorrow land and to buzz which is posted at 40 but we waited 25. I win this round so brings our standings to 2-1 to me. From here we head to the people mover for a 45 min posted wait which takes us 10.

It’s starts to rain a little more so we grab a table outside the ice cream parlour and huddle under an umbrella and I get us a brownie sundae to share which is amazing as ever.

From here we take a walk back out through the shops keeping our eyes peeled for that elusive spirit jersey.

We make the long trek back to the car wishing the trams would return and are back in the hotel for 5.

We have a chill and shower before heading out again at 8pm to Disney springs. We have our usual walk around the shops and more hunting for the spirit jersey. We loved the sprinkles cup cakes from the other night so we head there next before they sell out and grab a couple of the sprinkles.

Tonight's meal choice is at D luxe burger, where we both go for the holiday burger which is made up of turkey patty, a butternut squash risotto patty and a cranberry relish. Together with a side of fries each. They were huge portions! The burger was lovely and very festive and we struggle to finish off our fries.

We head back to our hotel for around 10 and look at the mess of our room. We attempt some sort of miracle by having a try to pack up our cases, throwing all our purchases in and by some fortune we do manage it, but boy do they feel heavy!

Once packed we head to bed for our last sleep at the Home2 suites.

Day 9

Edited at 06:15 PM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day
The Grand Floridian at Christmas always looks good 🎄

Joan
Old 1 Jan 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The gingerbread house at GF always looks so pretty.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Love the gingerbread house at the GF - so pretty. You managed to fit in loads of rides in MK today - really good wait times too.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List