Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jan 22, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Lenny Shark
I want to go now!

Lenny Shark's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're going DIY for 4 nights in a few weeks!

Here's our rough itinerary:

Day 1 - Gatwick direct to Rovaniemi with Easyjet, hirecar from Europcar at airport, book into Villa Arctic Light which is a massive house between Rovaniemi & Santa Village.

Day 2 - Drive to Ranua Zoo to see Polar Bears, then back to SC Village to do Reindeer Ride/Snowman World/Post Office & say hi to Santa

Day 3 - Drive upto Saariselka, check-in to Holiday Club for 1 night, go Aurora Tobogganing!

Day 4 - Drive back to Rovaniemi, have a look round the shopping centres and chill at the house

Day 5 - Fly back to Gatwick and drive home

For 2 of us with all flights, accomodation, hirecar all in cost about £1600, much cheaper than a travel company
Lenny Shark is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

The easy jet flights aren’t released yet and seems like lots Waiting for them too. It’s also a 2 hour drive to Levi where we went to go. That sounds an amazing trip hope you have a lovely time ❤️
Old 12 Jan 22, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re taking 2 of our grandchildren near Christmas this year. They’ll be 9 and 4 so hoping the older one still believes! Booked through Santa’s Lapland to stay in a glass cabin in Saariskela.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
We’re taking 2 of our grandchildren near Christmas this year. They’ll be 9 and 4 so hoping the older one still believes! Booked through Santa’s Lapland to stay in a glass cabin in Saariskela.

Wonderful - are their parents going with you? If not they are missing out big time !
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
Wonderful - are their parents going with you? If not they are missing out big time !
No it’ll just be us with them. They are not siblings but cousins and both parents have reasons not to be able to go (this year at least!). I imagine both will go at some point, but we’d hoped to take the 9 year old in 2020 and couldn’t for obvious reasons. We wanted to try to get her there whilst there was a chance she would still believe.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
No it’ll just be us with them. They are not siblings but cousins and both parents have reasons not to be able to go (this year at least!). I imagine both will go at some point, but we’d hoped to take the 9 year old in 2020 and couldn’t for obvious reasons. We wanted to try to get her there whilst there was a chance she would still believe.
It will be a brilliant holiday. I absolutely loved taking our children to Lapland, it was very memorable and special ❤️
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

I’m going in March. We have booked flights with EasyJet, accommodation with Hotels.com and will book activities with the place we are staying (Gulo Gulo in Ranua opposite the zoo).
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by lovinit View Post
I’m going in March. We have booked flights with EasyJet, accommodation with Hotels.com and will book activities with the place we are staying (Gulo Gulo in Ranua opposite the zoo).
I saw a package with gulo gulo but was 7k for 4 nights. Still tempted with the 7 but holding off as long as possible for the flights haha
Old 13 Jan 22, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

We went for a day trip in 2016, DD was 9 and a non believer but it was honestly one of the best days and I’d absolutely love to one day go back.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

Went with Santa's Lapland to Saariselska in 2017 - DS 7 and we LOVDED it. Brilliantly organised, activities and trips great. Elves at the airport etc. IT was VERY cold though - our day with Santa it was -31. Lots of children crying with cold so you have to be really careful if this cold. But one of the best things we've done, on a par with Orlando. Would have gone back whilst DS still believed but the virus got in the way
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List