Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jan 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Kingtinger
I want to go now!

Star Wars - Rise of the Resistance

Hi all,

For non star wars fans, how did you find Rise of the Resistance?

Our family has never seen a Star Wars film () so I'm wondering whether it's worth side stepping this one to focus on others unless we can get a short stand-by time towards the evening.

Is it a MUST do if you've never seen one of the films?
Kingtinger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kingtinger View Post
Hi all,

For non star wars fans, how did you find Rise of the Resistance?

Our family has never seen a Star Wars film () so I'm wondering whether it's worth side stepping this one to focus on others unless we can get a short stand-by time towards the evening.

Is it a MUST do if you've never seen one of the films?
Definitely, a must-do even if you haven't seen any of the films.

We experienced it for the first time in November and were blown away by it. If you can I would be there at rope drop as even though the queue will probably say 90 mins it is usually a lot shorter than this.

The ride is great with a trackless ride system and even non-star wars fans will enjoy it.
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Definitely a must-do. I'm not into Spiderman but was blown away by that when it opened. Same for ROTR, not a Star Wars fan but it is spectacular. If you can get on it and it doesn't break down that is.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Kingtinger
I want to go now!

Thanks all, I'll add it to the plan.
Kingtinger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

It’s good but for me it was a bit over-hyped. I’d heard so many things about ‘best ride ever’ and that’s what I was expecting but I still prefer Flight of Passage and Hagrid’s. I felt like too much of it was just moving around the star destroyer with not much happening personally. Disclaimer: also not a Star Wars fan. DH and both teen DDs enjoyed it more than me but they all think Hagrid’s is better too.

We rode twice, paying for ILL twice which is pretty much what we needed to do to avoid several hours’ wait each time over Christmas so I’m not annoyed at paying but then I also don’t think it’s worth waiting three hours for. It is a long experience so at least there’s a bit of value in the hassle or long wait it takes to get on.

The first time we rode it was actually pretty special because we ended up going through the experience in a very small group and it was everyone’s first time so all of us were very engaged in the whole thing (and a little bit scared). I like that it’s a few different experiences in one, and I also like that the CMs engage with guests in character…one made DD even more nervous about boarding the ship than she already was and it was fun.

And it is quite unreliable still so fingers crossed it runs smoothly.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I would say a must do as well even if you aren't a star wars fan, the ride is fairly complex and has multiple preshows and overall a very good experience. If you can get in the queue shortly before closing it can be a very low wait even though the advertised wait is high.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
thecheshiredad
Excited about Disney

Yep, i'd say check it out if you can.
I've not seen Avatar but love Flight of Passage.
Its such an immersive ride that combines so many elements to tell the story.
The downside is that the technology is terribly temperamental and it was down numerous times while were there, but do it if you get the chance.
thecheshiredad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It’s amazing! I had tears in my eyes how good it was and I don’t even like Star Wars though I do know more about it than I would like thanks to DH and DS! We queued almost 2 hours for it over Xmas and said afterwards it was worth it!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

it's brilliant, watching my 50 something year old husband acting like a 7 year old . Can you watch some of the movies before you go? might make it more relatable
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Can anyone confirm that it’s not a coaster?

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List