Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
julie42
Dibbing with Tink

julie42's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Any advice on booking through Travelup?

Got a great price for direct flights with BA/aer lingus which are £700 cheaper than BA website.
My hubby has read some poor reviews about travelup so we're unsure about using them or not.
Please help lovely dibbers!
Old 13 Jan 22, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My advice is don’t touch them with a barge pole.
Have a look on Facebook there’s a group called TravelUp unfair fees.
I ended up going through my credit card company for my refund.
They said I wasn’t entitled to a refund on my hotel booking as I was a no show (during the first lockdown) at POR despite borders being closed for tourists and POR being closed.
Old 13 Jan 22, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I agree, my advice would be don’t do it!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

They're great as long as you don't need to make any changes whatsoever. Then the fees start.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Just like Taffy, we were caught out in the first lockdown and had to do a chargeback through our credit card as they were trying to levy fees that went against their own T&C's. Really not a good company when things go wrong and just fob you off constantly with the hope you will go away.
I'd honestly recommend paying that bit more to go with someone else.
Old 13 Jan 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
12randal
Excited about Disney

12randal's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
i have gone with them twice before with no issues
however if/when there is a problem they would not be great at helping but that can be said of quite a few travel companies i am sure there are posts on here with dibbers having problems with BA ,Virgin etc
12randal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

I had a bad experience with them, i searched on skyscanner and bought business class seats but when the booking confirmation email came through they were only premium economy. Dealing with their "customer service" team was awful constant insults telling me i'm stupid for making the booking,"who in there right mind books through skyscanner" etc.
Thankfully i had screenshots of the entire process making the booking, showing the business class airfare and the credit card refunded me the entire cost of the booking.

If you do decide to book screenshot absolutely everything for peace of mind
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Before covid I was happy booking anywhere with a credit card. Now I’ll only book direct.
BA have been great throughout and I wouldn’t want to go through a 3rd party particularly the ones with questionable customer service.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Used them a few times in the old days as they were so much cheaper, didn’t have to change anything so no issues whatsoever. I’d be a bit wary in the current climate though
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List