Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 22, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

We made a delayed flight claim a few years ago. We did it through Resolver (as recommended by Martin Lewis). It was so straightforward. Are we still entitled to compensation now we're out of the EU?

Sorry, can't help with any of your other problems.
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

All sorted as far as getting it sorted goes lol, been on the phone to Al all afternoon and couldn’t understand a word they said and was no help but luckily logged in again online not long ago and they’ve booked us onto the virgin flight tomorrow going from Manchester, we’ve just marched back to t2 and paid out £170 in tests again and thankfully negative but man I was stressed worrying about getting a positive!
Gonna settle at the hotel now and walk back over again first thing and hopefully we’re finally on the way but such a stressed day, just hope we get some nice compensation for all this and what we’ve lost today😠
Need to look into that now and see how we go about that
glenandem is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

From the CDC

If your flight is delayed before departure, you will need to get retested if the delay causes your test to fall outside of the 1-day pre-departure testing period requirement. A delay while traveling on a continuous itinerary will not invalidate an otherwise valid test unless it results in you leaving the airport terminal or a layover lasting longer than 24 hours past the 1-day limit, the you will need to be retested. If a connecting flight in your trip is delayed past the 1-day limit of testing due to a situation outside of your control (e.g., delays because of severe weather or aircraft mechanical problem), and that delay is less than 48 hours past the 1-day limit for testing, you do not need to be retested. If the delay is more than 48 hours past the 1-day limit, then you will need to be retested.
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

cheers guys, does anyone know how I go about compensation now, ive never had this before.
do I contact the insurance or contact the airline direct myself?
glenandem is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by glenandem View Post
cheers guys, does anyone know how I go about compensation now, ive never had this before.
See my earlier reply
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

getting better this holiday, we just noticed they've rebooked everyone but my youngest daughter she's missing off the booking lol aggghhhhhhh
Old 13 Jan 22, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Follow megaflyers advice and you’ll end up with a nice sum from the airline.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
We made a delayed flight claim a few years ago. We did it through Resolver (as recommended by Martin Lewis). It was so straightforward. Are we still entitled to compensation now we're out of the EU?

Sorry, can't help with any of your other problems.
Yep, still entitled to the compensation.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Hope you get away safely tomorrow
What a nightmare for you all xx
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

A similar thing happened to my wife and I back in 2017 when travelling to Cuba with Thomas Cook: we were delayed by 24 hours and put up in a Manchester hotel overnight. When TC eventually informed us that we would be delayed until the next day (around 5:30pm for what should have been an 11am flight), they also gave us a letter stating that we would be receiving £600 each as compensation. We did not need to claim on our travel insurance, nor did we have to chase them, as they paid up within a couple of weeks of our return.

Although our holiday was a far simpler arrangement than your own (no car, etc), I would hope that Aer Lingus will see you right in a similar way that TC did with us.

Have a good 'un when you eventually get there!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List