Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Jan 22, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I Drive or Universal Blvd - route

In May we are staying first 5 nights in HRH before moving onto the Polynesian.

I expect we will have done everything in Universal and the day of check out are just going to have a chilled morning and plan to leave the hotel by latest 11 with no Disney park planned later that day and only maybe some pool time, Disney springs for dinner and back to the Poly beach for fireworks.

So whilst we won't have too much time (maybe 3-4 hours) I was planning on not taking the I4 direct to Disney but driving down I-Drive / Universal Blvd with the view of visiting Icon Park and maybe getting on a couple of the rides there!

My question is, which road is better to take and is I-Drive the best for things to do / stop off on?

Also, any recommendations on things to do on this short route? We are 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant.

Note I am aware of I-Drive but to be honest have likely not been there for over 20 years. DW and I in 6 trips together have always styed onsite and never had a car. This will be the first time with a car (providing they in fact have one for us at the airport).

Thanks

Edited at 10:00 AM.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

I much prefer the drive down Universal Blvd, you don’t see as much but I just like the feels! Icon Park is in between the 2 roads so access about the same I assume. I’ve not done any Icon Park rides but they were offering reduced ticket $ for the huge wheel when u show ur theme park ticket
If it was us we would stop n shop at Vineland Outlets and eat at the Cheesecake Factory enroute
Enjoy
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MSB
Excited about Disney

If you like golf you could check out Top Golf on Universal Boulevard, the fanciest driving range you will ever see. You can easily put in a couple of hours there, it’s great fun 😄
MSB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
I much prefer the drive down Universal Blvd, you don’t see as much but I just like the feels! Icon Park is in between the 2 roads so access about the same I assume. I’ve not done any Icon Park rides but they were offering reduced ticket $ for the huge wheel when u show ur theme park ticket
If it was us we would stop n shop at Vineland Outlets and eat at the Cheesecake Factory enroute
Enjoy
Thank you.

Which theme park ticket do you show? Any?

Don't mention any more outlets please! We are doing the International premium outlets specifically for B&B Works.

Where is Cheesecake factory? We will stop somewhere for lunch and was thinking somewhere at Icon park!
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
T

Where is Cheesecake factory? We will stop somewhere for lunch and was thinking somewhere at Icon park!
It's the new one we visited in Nov.

11602 Regency Village Drive
Orlando, FL 32821 US

407-390-7071

If you do eat there you can then go down Palm Parkway and go the 'back way' into the MK resort area past FW and the Four Seasons and then up to WL entrance where you turn left into the Poly.

Edited at 05:38 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
It's the new one we visited in Nov.

11602 Regency Village Drive
Orlando, FL 32821 US

407-390-7071

If you do eat there you can then go down Palm Parkway and go the 'back way' into the MK resort area past FW and the Four Seasons and then up to WL entrance where you turn left into the Poly.
Will we hit a welcome sign this way?

I am going to do a countdown for the car
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

No, definitely not. You won't if you access via I4 and Hotel Plaza Boulevard either so plan your route carefully if it's a must see.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I am going to do a countdown for the car
I hope not. The signs are usually at the sides of the road, stick to the lanes and you should be okay.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
No, definitely not. You won't if you access via I4 and Hotel Plaza Boulevard either so plan your route carefully if it's a must see.
We were planning to get onto I4 then Epcot Center Drive….
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
I hope not. The signs are usually at the sides of the road, stick to the lanes and you should be okay.
First time driving in FL so you never know