Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Jul 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GMickeyB View Post
What's everybody's favourite route from Sanford Airport driving down to Kissimmee/Disney/Lake Buena Vista areas?
And what do you all do re Tolls, pay cash, get a transponder, etc?
No doubt I always use the 417 toll road lighter traffic than I4 and really allows you to get used to the car. We. Or ally stay in LBV so I just come off at exit 6 straight into either international drive or 535. We always keep small change from the previous trip and that pays the tolls.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
No doubt I always use the 417 toll road lighter traffic than I4 and really allows you to get used to the car. We. Or ally stay in LBV so I just come off at exit 6 straight into either international drive or 535. We always keep small change from the previous trip and that pays the tolls.
I've done I think two Google Map trips on my computer and it does look very straight forward, just a straight road and not built up, probably perfect for first timers
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

I've done I think two Google Map trips on my computer and it does look very straight forward, just a straight road and not built up, probably perfect for first timers
Definitely you will enjoy that trip. We have rescheduled this years trip to next May so will use 417 once again. Hope you enjoy your trip
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

i definately found it a lot easier and will be using again next year
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
How did you get the Sunpass? And how much was it?
This tells you all you need to know

Home page describes the few "cashless" tolls in Florida. Don't confuse "cashless" with "unmanned". I posted this way back in #12 to tell you about Dollar

sunpass/en/about/whe...eSunPass.shtml

Open the tab "traveller information" and "rental vehicles" to see how they charge. Avis is incorrect despite both Andy at DFCH and me contacting them.

This is Avis

Mick
Old 8 Jul 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
This tells you all you need to know

Home page describes the few "cashless" tolls in Florida. Don't confuse "cashless" with "unmanned". I posted this way back in #12 to tell you about Dollar

sunpass/en/about/whe...eSunPass.shtml

Open the tab "traveller information" and "rental vehicles" to see how they charge. Avis is incorrect despite both Andy at DFCH and me contacting them.

This is Avis

Mick
Thanks Mick

Have I read that right for Dollar $104.98 for the 2 week rental period for Plate Pass?
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks Mick

Have I read that right for Dollar $104.98 for the 2 week rental period for Plate Pass?
That's how I read it unless you opt out when you pick the car up - I had hoped that some Dollar hire experts had seen my earlier post and confirmed or otherwise. If you don't opt out it could cost you $100 for going through a $1 toll. Even opting out seems to cost you

One of the reasons I always book Alamo through Andy at DFCH

It might be worth you starting a new thread specifically about the Dollar toll pass scheme - there must be hundreds of Dibbers that could help on how you avoid it.

Mick
Old 8 Jul 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

I think i paid maximum $29 total for the 3 weeks with alamo
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That's how I read it unless you opt out when you pick the car up - I had hoped that some Dollar hire experts had seen my earlier post and confirmed or otherwise. If you don't opt out it could cost you $100 for going through a $1 toll. Even opting out seems to cost you

One of the reasons I always book Alamo through Andy at DFCH

It might be worth you starting a new thread specifically about the Dollar toll pass scheme - there must be hundreds of Dibbers that could help on how you avoid it.

Mick
Yeah looks like either way they are gonna get extra money off you when you pick up the car, I certainly won't be using $104.98 in tolls, $20 - $30 I would of probably gone for it.

Yeah I might start a new thread.
Old 8 Jul 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by andyhaz View Post
I think i paid maximum $29 total for the 3 weeks with alamo
That's a bit cheaper!