Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Question Tokyo weather April V August and Wendy Woo reviews please

We're hoping to visit Japan next year for a couple of weeks, probably booking with Wendy Woo.

I'm tied to school holidays so we have a choice of 2 weeks in April cherry blossom and cooler, or longer in August, no blossom and hotter.

I'd appreciate any advice on the temperatures in both months with regards to walking around sightseeing and if your experience with Wendy Woo if you used them. Thanks.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Can’t really help as we went last year in May (perfect weather). When we first thought of going to Japan I looked at Wendy Woo but we have never been on an organised tour holiday and decided it was not for us.

What I will say is it is really very easy to travel around Japan - if you are unsure of an organised tour then a DIY holiday in Japan is just as easy as anywhere else (and works out a lot cheaper). We loved it so much we are going back this year again.

Edit: It was starting to get really hot the last couple of days of our holiday - I would struggle in the hot summer months but I know others on here have been then so perhaps they can help.

Edited at 12:04 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I agree with Pumpkin Pie. I went on my own with DS10 at the time and we found it very easy to get around. We went in August and are going back this August. At the time, the only thing we found difficult was the no eating / whilst walking about in the heat. Other than that no issues at all.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

We went in early April in 2018 and the weather was great. We wore layers as it was cooler in the mornings and evenings, but definitely not cold. There is so much to see and do that I would hazard a guess that it has to be easier without the oppressive heat that can occur in summer. And the cherry blossom is worth seeing if you can!

We also DIY'd and it was really straightforward to do. We simply booked flights, then accommodation in each place we wanted to stay (mixture of western style hotels, Japanese style hostel/hotel and Airbnb) and finally booked a JR Pass to get us between our various stops. Everything can be done online these days, so very easy to do yourself.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

We went in july with 10 and 12yo. Easy to get around. Tokyo was hot, Kyoto was very hot (30+ each day)

It wasnt oppressive though, we managed plenty of walking miles, just took it slow and drank. Navigation was easy.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List