Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
theedgeofglory
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I know it’s a long shot but I booked man/dub/orlando through a third party flying with aer lingus 1st October and the man/dub flight at 8.35am is now not showing so I’m wondering if it’s full or it’s been cancelled?
This happened to me for flights in September. I kept checking and then this week my flights had been changed due to the MAN-DUB flight being cancelled.

I called Aer Lingus, they confirmed that there was a significant changed and offered to rebook, a voucher or a refund. I took the refund and it’s already in my bank account.
May 2018 - Saratoga Springs
theedgeofglory is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Absolutely fuming with AL. In December 2019 I booked from Edinburgh to Orlando return as one booking. The virus came along and most flights got cancelled. On Tuesday, I got 3 emails from AL saying they have altered my schedule and to check the separate email for details. No other email received, just 3 emails saying o check the separate email. I went online to check my booking and they had altered the Edi - DUB leg. My original flight was an 11:35 departure, and this had now moved to 10.30 with a * next to it. In small print at the bottom it said if my change was less then 2 hours I could cancel but not get a refund - AL trying to treat each leg as a separate booking! Got another email today confirming my Dub - MCO leg cancelled, and I could rebook or get a voucher or read the eu reg if I wanted a refund. Phoned them up and as part of the security, they wanted the last 4 digits of credit card used to pay. I've changed my card so was looking up the statements for the original number 'sorry you are taking too long'...bzzzzz back in the queue, spoke to India or what ever country they are using for their call centre (it's certainly not ireland) went through it all again and they say they will refund in full...just need to wait and see what turns up. One thing for sure, will never... ever...use AL again
John is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by alungrace View Post
Flight date 1st may
Voucher request 20th March
Still waiting!
Did you get your voucher?
I still haven't received mine!

I won't make that mistake again. Will look for a refund if I ever fly with them again!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am still waiting for my refund! Have a ref but hasn't hit cc. Finding it v hard to get an answer from them on twitter too
Old 25 Aug 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

I have explained the full version before but in short I had problems so did a chargeback at 5 weeks as I was hearing of people waiting silly amounts of time for refunds and vouchers. Contrast that with United Airlines, I had flights Dublin-Orlando via NY for October. They offer a flight credit which is valid for 12 months from ticket date, this can be done online. They also do an electronic travel certificate which you have to call and ask for. As this would fit better with next years plans I decided to try and get these. The first thing was one ring and the call was answered no long wait. As the Dublin NY flight is running I said I would be denied boarding and could I have the 24month certificate, which is at their discretion. This is the same as the AL voucher so I thought if I get it lets see how long it takes. The lady said yes I could have the certificate and I would receive it by e-mail in about 7 days. That sounds familiar, so lets see how long United take. 7 days don't be silly, the phone call was Sunday at 16:51, e-mail with the certificates arrived Tuesday at 06:50 about 38 hours. If United can do it in that amount of time then so could AL if they wanted to. Like you for what has happened this time and 2 other previous bad experiences I won't fly with them again.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafifer
Earning My Ears

We are booked to fly to Orlando on the 22nd Sept and back 1 Oct from Edinburgh. Waiting on them cancelling the flight which I’m sure will happen as the Dublin to Edinburgh flight we were booked on no longer operates and the only connection would not meet our arrival from Orlando. Not to mention we can’t currently travel due to the restrictions on immigration to USA.
November - 2017 - TBA, August 2008 - Highlands Reserve, November 2003 - Town Center Villa, November 2001 - Sheraton World Resort, November 1999 - Coronado Springs Resort, November 1997 - Sheraton World Resort, November 1996 - Sheraton World Resort.
floridafifer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridafifer View Post
We are booked to fly to Orlando on the 22nd Sept and back 1 Oct from Edinburgh. Waiting on them cancelling the flight which I’m sure will happen as the Dublin to Edinburgh flight we were booked on no longer operates and the only connection would not meet our arrival from Orlando. Not to mention we can’t currently travel due to the restrictions on immigration to USA.
Hi, if all the flights are on the same booking and one is cancelled it’s worth phoning and asking for a refund.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

I requested a refund on August 10th for our Sept 4th flights to NY via Dublin after I realised they were no longer available online. Apart from an email saying the had received my request never heard anything until Sept 6th when they said they will start the refund process... and on Sept 8th they paid it back to my credit card. I was worried it was going to take ages but fair do's to AL they have performed to a point where I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That's great Rigstig but unfortunately not everyone had the same experience. Its a difficult one all round.
Old 15 Sep 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
That's great Rigstig but unfortunately not everyone had the same experience. Its a difficult one all round.
To be totally honest, having read the posts on here over the past couple of months or so I wasnt expecting the money to go back on my card for some time to come. I am a bit gobsmacked that they have done it so quickly... Im wondering if its because the flight day has passed by.

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List