Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jul 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Id guess they will see how things get on in Volcano Bay.

Easiest way to allow reopening would be.

1-virtual lines. Id be amazed if this wasnt being set up already as its already being used on some rides in the Disney theme parks. This also applies for entry into the gift shop as per some of the in park shops.

2-Mobile food order only.

3-Reduced sunbeds and therefore more spaced out sunbeds. This would effectively represent a reduction in water park capacity which would in turn probably require booking a day at the water parks as per the main parks (although there would surely have to be some way of people booking a limited number of waterpark AND theme park days, as thats what people do quite often.)

4-no changing rooms. Much like most public swimming pools in the UK and id imagine elsewhere, whilst the virus is around you are pretty much expected to come changed. Outdoor showers exist and people will have to just accept having a quick rinse in the cold water outdoor showers at the end of the day.

Fortunately, the virus cant survive in chlorinated water, so one of the safest places to spend your day is probably bobbing around in the lazy rivers and wave pools.

Edited at 04:39 PM.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Volcano Bay has been fully open for six weeks without any issues. My guess is that Disney are keeping their water parks closed to save money as they ideally need the parks full due to massive operational costs at BB & TL.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Volcano Bay has been fully open for six weeks without any issues. My guess is that Disney are keeping their water parks closed to save money as they ideally need the parks full due to massive operational costs at BB & TL.
Maybe it's because Volcano Bay has a virtual queuing system whereas the Disney waterparks don't? So it's easier to manage the whole social distancing thing at VB.

Mind you, that hasn't stopped Disney from opening the main parks with normal queue lines.

I'm sure money comes into somewhere. This is Disney we're talking about after all.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Maybe it's because Volcano Bay has a virtual queuing system whereas the Disney waterparks don't? So it's easier to manage the whole social distancing thing at VB.
I think Disney has the capacity to do that now-they are currently doing it in shops and with some of the busier rides in Magic Kingdom-plus Rise of the Resistance is essentially virtual queue only.

I would hope they could apply the system to other rides and parks-it would definately be most beneficial in the waterparks.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
I think Disney has the capacity to do that now-they are currently doing it in shops and with some of the busier rides in Magic Kingdom-plus Rise of the Resistance is essentially virtual queue only.

I would hope they could apply the system to other rides and parks-it would definately be most beneficial in the waterparks.
Except the system Disney is using requires a mobile phone. Which probably isn't a great system when at a waterpark. I wouldn't want to take my mobile phone with me onto a water ride to show I have a reservation for the ride.

Whereas Universal uses the TapuTapu wristband which it gives to everyone. Disney doesn't have a similar system at it's waterparks and none of it's waterparks are on the fastpass/MagicBand system (so it couldn't even hand out free MagicBands - not that Disney would do this).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List