Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jul 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Today's the day! MK & AK Official Reopening Day

As if anyone needed reminding today is the official reopening for MK & AK. Will be interesting to see how things go as they reopen to the public. Anyone interested there is a live stream currently running at AK from WDWNT, and MK will have a live stream running from 13 45 from Resort TV1.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive

Edited at 01:08 PM.
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I’ve got the frozen song ‘for the first time in forever’ stuck in my head in honour of the reopening today 😁

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Yep - been watching for a while to replace our trip that's not happening this year 😀
Old 11 Jul 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

the social distancing looks like its working well, the park is empty and we visited after 9/11 and it was empty and it really lacked atmosphere
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t search for DisneyWorld on Twitter. To say reopening is unpopular with some Florida residents is a bit of an understatement! Yikes
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Been watching.

It looks to me, as far as is possible, Disney have got the covid safety measures, including a plethora of hand sanitiser every where, Spot on.

Nothing can be 100% safe, but this seems as good as it gets.

So much more to see and admire with less crowds. The theming and architecture is stunning.

ResortTV1 are doing a great job

Disney332
Old 11 Jul 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post

resort tv 1 just walked out of carousel of progress, they thought the place was too full and didnt feel happy about it, fair play to them
Old 11 Jul 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Should have been our first day of our trip today. Strange mixture of really sad we’re not there and a bit relieved that we aren’t.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

You can never please everyone, I’ve read reports of no social distancing , was to busy, but we need to remember this is the first day of reopening to the general public , Disney will use this day to see how things go and to change things if needs be
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
You can never please everyone, I’ve read reports of no social distancing , was to busy, but we need to remember this is the first day of reopening to the general public , Disney will use this day to see how things go and to change things if needs be
everything i saw looked just fine, if we lived within a 5 hour drive of WDW i would be happy to drive down for a day or 3