Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Jul 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

We still have a BA flight for December 9th,yes we cannot wait to go back.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
coola
Excited about Disney

we are flying out from edinburgh on the 15 december 2020 hopefully .as we don't have to pay in full till 6 september we'll just wait and see what happens .
coola is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We are due to fly on 2nd December, this is our fourth change. We originally booked for December 19 with Thomas Cook, needless to say we lost that. Re booked with TUI for April, Covid took that and also the November flight we changed it to. We then booked with Virgin to travel in December, this was just before the USA started losing the battle with the virus.
We are not doing any theme parks, our trip was always booked as a few days chill at Crystal river and then a week in a villa with some christmas shopping.
It is 4 months away though so I am optimistic but know we may have to change again to next year. I would prefer our trip to be in December but I would also prefer to stay alive so if we have to change we will.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

Cancel.
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
alim66
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Christmas/New Year 2020

I've been very positive about our trip all the way through lock down, but i'm starting to get doubts now , more so the worry that if we are able to go, will we need to isolate when we come home. If that is the case, we will not be able to go this year. We haven't had Christmas at home for years and it's not something that we would really want to do, so I am looking at a plan B, and as we have Booked with BA holidays and don't have to pay balance until 3rd December, will just keep monitoring the situation and can make a decision at the last minute.
alim66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Back in April there was similar threads to this about summer 2020 holidays. Many people were saying it'll be fine, some even opting to book new holidays for this year as they didnt believe this pandemic would go on for that long.

I very much doubt anyone will be flying to USA from the UK in 2020.

if you can cancel your holiday now, I would do.

It'll take around 4-5 months to get your money back - we got our flight money back off Virgin this week after cancelling in April for our August trip. To think that we'd be going in 11 days if the pandemic didnt happen...
Old 2 Aug 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LawrenceFamily View Post
Back in April there was similar threads to this about summer 2020 holidays. Many people were saying it'll be fine, some even opting to book new holidays for this year as they didnt believe this pandemic would go on for that long.

I very much doubt anyone will be flying to USA from the UK in 2020.

if you can cancel your holiday now, I would do.

It'll take around 4-5 months to get your money back - we got our flight money back off Virgin this week after cancelling in April for our August trip. To think that we'd be going in 11 days if the pandemic didnt happen...

Know how you feel we would be half way through our trip now at the Villa

We have big doubts for December this year but all we can do is hope!

As said we have about 6-7K tied up between Disney and ATD so kind of feeling confident our money is safe until full payments are due.
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
Know how you feel we would be half way through our trip now at the Villa

We have big doubts for December this year but all we can do is hope!

As said we have about 6-7K tied up between Disney and ATD so kind of feeling confident our money is safe until full payments are due.
Exactly, hope is all we can do, but no point in cancelling before you have to or its taken out of your hands.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Exactly, hope is all we can do, but no point in cancelling before you have to or its taken out of your hands.
I know what you're saying but just look at the state of things in the US currently. It's 17 weeks until the start of December. It seems a mile away but it really isnt. Florida has half a million positive cases of Covid & is registering almost 10,000 new cases a day!

I suppose it depends on what you want from a holiday, but I think the chances of fights to the US being active in 2020, (bearing in mind we're on the cusp of a 2nd wave ourselves) is next to zero.

Sorry to sound so negative - but I think it's important that people stay realistic and dont get their hopes up.

It's all a real mess
Old 2 Aug 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

In my head i have cancelled my solo trip in my countdown for Dec 20.

VH will not refund my deposit at this time so I am waiting for the flights to be cancelled.

I already know All Stars are not opening so technically my hotel I am staying at is closed.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List