Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 20, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Am I mad to be booking today?

After a very good quote from charter travel for next sep I've got them calling me this morning to book, am I mad? Other half thinks I'm crazy to be booking atm wih everything that's going on but i just feel like we all need something to look forward to, try and keep things as normal as possible...
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by staceyb View Post
After a very good quote from charter travel for next sep I've got them calling me this morning to book, am I mad? Other half thinks I'm crazy to be booking atm wih everything that's going on but i just feel like we all need something to look forward to, try and keep things as normal as possible...
I dont think your mad, I will be booking summer 2021 flights soon (not Florida though).

I think you need to be aware of what your losses will be and if your are prepared for them and can afford them.

You will probably not be insured as you are booking an area that FCO has not yet opened.

I would say book, look forward to it but be aware
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gazadonna9
slightly serious Dibber

gazadonna9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No, I don’t think your mad - something nice to look forward too 👌
gazadonna9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Not at all. If this is not over by Easter, then there will be no tourism left, no airlines left and no vacations to book.

As soon as the 330 day point is passed for next August, I will be booking London-San Francisco and Phoenix-London.. (possibly via a couple of nights in Chicago if the sums look right), for next August.

Life is for living, not hiding.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Mobile

Definitely not mad. Surely all will be okay by then. We postponed this August to next.
Go for it.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

I don't understand people talking about risk of losing money, I've booked and paid in full tui flights for June, if the fco is still in place the tour operators will cancel (like they did this year) and issue refunds. Companies wont fly us there when there's still risk
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Mobile

I was due to fly to Miami yesterday for my summer holiday, but it obviously didn’t go ahead. I was upbeat as I had a trip to Orlando booked for Christmas, flying in to Miami. Almost like a sick joke when I should have been in the air enroute to Miaimi, I get an email cancelling my Christmas flight! 😢. If you can, you need something to look forward too. I felt sick yesterday!
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve moved our Lanzarote October holiday to next May and changed it to Florida and I’m starting to think we might have to move it again but we’ll face that when the time comes.
We were also on the point of booking for next September but we’ve pulled back from that a bit to see how things go.
Before you commit to anything find out if you’ll be able to move the holiday or have a refund if you can’t go.
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
I don't understand people talking about risk of losing money, I've booked and paid in full tui flights for June, if the fco is still in place the tour operators will cancel (like they did this year) and issue refunds. Companies wont fly us there when there's still risk
Companies will fly you there as soon as the government says so. Flights have gone to places expecting and experiencing major Disruption disruption in the past such as natural disasters and not offered refunds to anybody not wishing to travel. Airlines duty is to provide a service.

Edited at 08:02 AM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone, its with charter for september so hoping alls back to normal by then, I've been assured if it were cancelled we'd get our money back or have the option to change dates etc so I dont see what the risk is tbh. OH is just more cautious, I'm more of a the optimist lol
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List