Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beapay
Trying for More Ears

how to book flights when only one way is first class?

Hi, could somebody please help?
As a surprise, I want to book club world/first class when we fly out to Orlando, but then come home in economy.
On the Virgin and BA sites it isnt allowing me to do this - it seems to be one or the other, not a combination of cabins.
Does anyone know how this can be done? I've tried calling the BA number, but unless it's an emergency, it cuts you off
Beapay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Beapay View Post
Hi, could somebody please help?
As a surprise, I want to book club world/first class when we fly out to Orlando, but then come home in economy.
On the Virgin and BA sites it isnt allowing me to do this - it seems to be one or the other, not a combination of cabins.
Does anyone know how this can be done? I've tried calling the BA number, but unless it's an emergency, it cuts you off
Not sure why you can't see those options. I just randomly picked dates in Feb 2021 LHR to MCO and it allowed me to book Upper Class out and Economy return.

Hopefully link takes you there.

virginatlantic/compl...df8&app=sl-sho

I did a similar thing with BA and it let me book business out and economy return. UC wasn't available

Mick

Edited at 03:38 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

When you search for a flight on BA, leave the search as economy and when the outbound prices are displayed on the next page you see and select the higher cabins then (premium and business). If you're trying to book through BA holidays then I think the only way is to phone up.

I'm not sure about Virgin, sorry.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Beapay
Trying for More Ears

thanks both for the comments, I think my problem is because i'm booking via the 'holidays' section, rather than flight only
Beapay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Beapay View Post
thanks both for the comments, I think my problem is because i'm booking via the 'holidays' section, rather than flight only
I assumed that you were looking for flights and not holidays.

British Airways allows you to select Flight only on the home page and use Virgin Atlantic not Virgin Holidays

Mick
Old 6 Aug 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Not sure why you can't see those options. I just randomly picked dates in Feb 2021 LHR to MCO and it allowed me to book Upper Class out and Economy return.

Hopefully link takes you there.

virginatlantic/compl...df8&app=sl-sho

I did a similar thing with BA and it let me book business out and economy return. UC wasn't available

Mods may move this to Planning rather than Accommodation as you may get more replies

Mick
BA only has World Traveller (Economy), World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) and Club World with no First Class to Orlando but they do have First to Miami as well as the other 3 cabins. You may be able to use the BA system to do flights and then add a car or hotel for 1 day/night to turn it into a package.

Virgin have Economy, with choices of Classic and Delight, Premium Economy and Upper Class.

If you follow Beth_Disney's instructions they should work for flight only but you may have to ring for holidays/packages where you pay a deposit.

Edited at 03:47 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

With BA, on routes with First it is not possible to book economy one way and First the other online on a simple return flight, because the BA search result will only show a max of 3 cabin. This is the cabin you selected for search and the next 2 up (if available), so if you select economy (WT), you'll get results for WT, WT+ and Club World.

It might be possible to do this using Custom Trip, but not sure how to do it. If you only want WT and Club World, it's quite straightforward, just search for WT and CW will appear in the result, if available.

Of course, almost any combination is possible if you call (if you can get through).
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Of course, almost any combination is possible if you call (if you can get through).
No experience with BA but with VS and HSBC.

"Press 4 if you want to hear terrible music for 40 minutes before we cut you off"

Mick