Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Flight prices: June/July (pre school hols) v July/August (school hols)

How do flights normally compare in say June/July before the school holidays start compared with July/August during school hols?

Reason I ask is that I can pick up flights now for our dates during school hols (Manchester to Orlando) for £2.8k indirect for the 4 of us. This is more than we normally pay but in line what we had booked this year with Virgin (indirect).

Ideally we'd like direct and looking at the June/July dates before the school hols they are coming in at very a good price (£1600 for 4 of us) but is this normal for this time of year?

Can't decide whether to bite the bullet on the indirects or wait for the chance of direct at a decent price. We tried this approach for this year and direct prices were crazy for our dates which is why we ended up with indirect in the end.

Edited at 10:18 AM.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
It’s still early for next summer, as not all fares have been released. Do you have to travel from Manchester? We’ve found over the past several years it’s cheaper from London, even with the additional travel costs. For example, we should have flown 6-26 Aug with SUV, direct LGW-MCO for £2700 for 4 people with BA. We normally book September for the following August (BA usually have a sale). Never gone June/July so can’t compare with prices.
Old 8 Aug 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by lazzareo View Post
How do flights normally compare in say June/July before the school holidays start compared with July/August during school hols?

Reason I ask is that I can pick up flights now for our dates during school hols (Manchester to Orlando) for £2.8k indirect for the 4 of us. This is more than we normally pay but in line what we had booked this year with Virgin (indirect).

Ideally we'd like direct and looking at the June/July dates before the school hols they are coming in at very a good price (£1600 for 4 of us) but is this normal for this time of year?

Can't decide whether to bite the bullet on the indirects or wait for the chance of direct at a decent price. We tried this approach for this year and direct prices were crazy for our dates which is why we ended up with indirect in the end.
Have you considered driving down to London and flying from there?

Manchester is our closest airport but we always fly from London (both direct and indirect) and typically pay £450 or below for indirect and £650 or below for direct in school summer holidays (those are high end figures, have been much cheaper some years).

For the sake of a tank of fuel and cheap overnight hotel (if needed) there are savings to be had...

Edit: just noticed above post which I agree with

Edited at 05:12 PM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Have you considered driving down to London and flying from there?
Hi, yes we would potentially consider that and I like to look at all options direct or indirect. I am just really trying to get a feel from someone as to what June/July (pre school hols) prices look like for comparrison with what they are looking like for 2021.

I want to understand whether the prices are similar, more expensive or cheaper than what they were for say 2020. This is just to give me an understanding of how prices are trending in preparation for when our flights go on sale with all the other opertaors in around 5 weeks time.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

I’ve always found that prices outside of school holidays are around £200 cheaper per person
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sunkisser View Post
I’ve always found that prices outside of school holidays are around £200 cheaper per person
Minimum £200pp cheaper. Currently late June is £600pp cheaper than mid July flying from Manchester
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaG
Getting Excited

For this July we had paid £595 for return flight LGW-MCO and airport hotel for nights before. that was for 7th July- 26th July so flying out before school hols.
Looking at prices for next year in school hols - 18th July to 6th Aug return was £830 flight only. We booked with car for 12 days, hard rock hotel for 2 nights and Rosen inn for 1 night for £935 each. Not sure if that is helpful
1993 Park Inn International, 1997 Villa 1998 Indian Ridge Oaks. 2015 Windsor Hills, 2016 Disney's Old Key West, Hard Rock Hotel. 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Disney's Old Key West. July 2020 -December 2020 - July 2021 Cancelled by Covid! Feb 2022 Rosen Inn July 2022 Hard Rock Hotel, Cabana Bay, Disney Dolphin, Emerald Island
MamaG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we've flown early n late july n always been around same price for us but we diy n book in BA sale normally, i think packages are always more, we do indirect from newcastle
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

This is a crazy thread... we (from scotland) travel to Manchester at the end of June for cheaper flights! 😂😂, and we travel over 6 hours! Even paying fuel, food and hotel, we can be over £1000 cheaper than any Scottish airport!
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List