Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Oct 15, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by IANF View Post
Did anybody have a definitive answer as to what time the discounted Express passes go on sale? One fibber said 3 hrs prior to park closing and another said they are avail to buy as early as you want?
We are attending 4 nights at the moment with Frequent Fear so would get these for probably 2 of the nights!
The answer maybe it depends on who you ask lol... I have found with normal HHN Express Passes you need to keep asking because they are released in batches... and some will say they have them some won't,

Best bet is to ask at the Universal Store at the Entrance as they often have the biggest supply and latest up to date information

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 15, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Maleficent Mags
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
Well it's our fifth and final HHN25 night tomorrow (07 Oct). We have done the RIP tour, been immersed in every house at least three times, had photos with most of the scare actors, enjoyed the two shows and chilled in the scare zones to take the whole experience in.
It has been a truly amazing experience and for me HHN25 has completely blown away previous years ( some of which I have attended and some I have witnessed from YouTube and forums).
Tomorrow, we do the AM & PM " unmasking the horror" tours before our final HHN25, where we will be in one of the holding areas, as per the previous four nights. The plan is to take on the houses in order of our favourite first ... Moving down to our least favourite. Some of the wait times were as low as 10 minutes on Sunday, so hopefully if we get a repeat of that, all houses will be completed again.
For those of you who have yet to visit HHN, you will be blown away. Enjoy the atmosphere, take in the experience and take home those memories of an event that is truly unique.
For me, planning for HHN26 has already begun...
Just a quick question about the RIP tour as I'm doing this on 28 Oct. Is there an scareactor opportunity to have photos taken on AWIL?
Old 12 Oct 15, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Hey Everyone!

I did an Unmasking the Horror tour on the 3rd of October - PM and it was amazing! I really really loved it.

Mike was our guide and he was great! I’ve never been to HHN and according to Mike it’s rare for someone like me to do a tour!
He asked us what houses we all fancied doing and low and behold, the three that were mentioned were the three we were actually going to be doing! He said though that the reason they weren't mentioning anything about which houses were included in advance was because they didn't know which houses were available for the tours until the day of! So they can change day to day Chris! (as i noticed you said you were going to book it in regards to the houses other people had gotten, it could easily be different for you.)

We did Body Collectors first, then Freddy vs Jason, then Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem. It was great to see the detail of each house and the logic behind scares, although 2.5 hours straight on my poor wee feet was very hard going, it was still so worth it! The tour was fantastic and I would definitely do it again! Maybe i'll even be brave enough to do the actual HHN event one day

Any questions, lemme know!

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 15, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
IANF they were selling them in the holding area on all 3 nights that we went so I get the impression that they are on sale right away but obviously can't be used until the "start" time.
I'm going to be perfectly honest & say only 50% of the Houses would have gotten pass marks with Run, Purge & the Walking Dead easily the worst houses in the all the time we have been going.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 15, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Attitude23
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Maleficent Mags View Post
Just a quick question about the RIP tour as I'm doing this on 28 Oct. Is there an scareactor opportunity to have photos taken on AWIL?
On the RIP Tour you don't get the opportunity to have any photos in the houses, in fact cameras are not allowed at all once you enter the houses.

If doing one of the lights on Unmasking the Horror tours during the day, while AWIL isn't included on the tour, you don't get a quick pic opportunity with the wolf puppet.
Attitude23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 15, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Attitude23
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
IANF they were selling them in the holding area on all 3 nights that we went so I get the impression that they are on sale right away but obviously can't be used until the "start" time.
I'm going to be perfectly honest & say only 50% of the Houses would have gotten pass marks with Run, Purge & the Walking Dead easily the worst houses in the all the time we have been going.
SD
I have to say, I've my two best scare situations so far in Run and Purge, with two or three scare actors working together to enhance and make the scare work so well,which really boosted their standing for me. I always Noam do the same house 4 or 5 times and have totally different experiences and enjoyment levels depending on what scares you get etc.

I do think Run is a really detailed house which unfortunately gets lost by the conga line way you have to go through.
Attitude23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 15, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Many thanks for the replies Wobbles and Shooby... we are there on 15th/18th/21st and maybe a few more nights! Will play it by ear when there methinks! Been 4 past Horrors but seems busier this year judging by the posts!
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 15, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gazpacho
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Maleficent Mags View Post
Not on the RIP tour. It is a tour around the houses when they are full flow, so no cameras or video.
If you do the unmasking tour, you will/should get the opportunity for a photo with a Werewolf in the Piccadilly Circus section

Edited at 02:47 PM.
Gazpacho is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 15, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Christopher_Ro
Imagineer

Christopher_Ro's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by SmilingSammie View Post
Hey Everyone!

I did an Unmasking the Horror tour on the 3rd of October - PM and it was amazing! I really really loved it.

Mike was our guide and he was great! I’ve never been to HHN and according to Mike it’s rare for someone like me to do a tour!
He asked us what houses we all fancied doing and low and behold, the three that were mentioned were the three we were actually going to be doing! He said though that the reason they weren't mentioning anything about which houses were included in advance was because they didn't know which houses were available for the tours until the day of! So they can change day to day Chris! (as i noticed you said you were going to book it in regards to the houses other people had gotten, it could easily be different for you.)

We did Body Collectors first, then Freddy vs Jason, then Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem. It was great to see the detail of each house and the logic behind scares, although 2.5 hours straight on my poor wee feet was very hard going, it was still so worth it! The tour was fantastic and I would definitely do it again! Maybe i'll even be brave enough to do the actual HHN event one day

Any questions, lemme know!

Awesome, thank you!
Christopher_Ro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 15, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Christopher_Ro
Imagineer

Christopher_Ro's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 5
It is 'hell week' at the moment, took us 30 minutes to just get in the park last weekend!
Christopher_Ro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread