Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jan 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Alamo Brits price drop May 2020

I just checked my booking (30/4 - 20/5) and it had dropped by a little over £54 - a great saving!

I have been watching this over the past few days as a similar price drop happened around the same time last year for early May bookings.

Definitely worth checking if you have a booking around these dates.
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny days
Getting Excited

Mobile

It says you need to show your copy of the Brit guide when you collect your car - have you been asked for this in the past?
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
I just checked my booking (30/4 - 20/5) and it had dropped by a little over £54 - a great saving!

I have been watching this over the past few days as a similar price drop happened around the same time last year for early May bookings.

Definitely worth checking if you have a booking around these dates.
I checked our booking to earlier today through Discount Florida Car Hire and for our dates (25/04-9/5) our has gone down £61 from booking.
Started at £440 went down to £404.70 and today £378.91
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just changed my booking with DFCH for May. Originally had a compact booked but a SUV was £11 cheaper. DW happy with that.
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sunny days View Post
It says you need to show your copy of the Brit guide when you collect your car - have you been asked for this in the past?
Never been asked for it in the many times I’ve booked through this link
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Nobody has ever been asked for the book. In fact I doubt the Guys in the garage have even heard of it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I've just changed my booking with DFCH for May. Originally had a compact booked but a SUV was £11 cheaper. DW happy with that.
May I ask did you book the additional top up insurance?
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn88
Earning My Ears

I have a slightly different question but no point in starting a new thread.
I booked on Alamo.ie & have seen a price drop. Does anyone know if I can amend or cancel / rebook? May Prices have dropped but I'm confused as I had to select the Pre-pay option & can't find cancelation terms for Pre-pay.
I have always assumed that I could cancel without penalites but now I'm not so sure.
April / May 2023 and now 2024
Unicorn88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

We never got asked for this either.
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

I also noticed the price drop for Alamo Brits but as it is pay on arrival surely that could be a "false" quote with the equivalent GBP amount - it does quote the USD amount so will watch the changes in exchange rate carefully on my booking. What benefit do you get, if any, by adding your Virgin Flying Club number to an Alamo Brits booking?

I didn't go with Andy (but always check his rates first) as the extra driver charge for one person increased the cost significantly so the Alamo Brits quote with 1 free driver made sense for my trip.

Will try to do STC and OLCI but probably won't work due to length of rental (5weeks) - has anyone ever tried it for a long rental. Will also check the information about the Visitor Toll Pass thread on the Dibb to as it seems a great idea. If you use the Visitor Pass I take it you can "turn off" the Alamo pass.

Thanks everyone for all the tips and hints on this page.

Edited at 11:33 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List