Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Feb 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Just done mine, booked through brits, checked in using link from first page of this thread.

Check in didn’t produce a bar code (I thought it used to) so I did skip the counter. This did give me the barcode.

I had to put payment info in for skip the counter (we’re pay on arrival) I don’t remember doing that before but could be mistaken. I don’t think I’ve bothered with skip the counter for a few years so maybe it’s always been like that.
Assume you mean the link I posted in post #2?

That was what I've used with Andy at DFCH a number of times. Haven't used Brits for years but I've never had to do a separate STC form.

Was there not a button on the form that my link took you to where you enter D/L and flight details saying "print OLCI" or similar.

I can't test that form now as I don't have a current Alamo number.

Mick
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I had to put payment details in as well ,we were also pay on arrival
Went through no problem after that
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Assume you mean the link I posted in post #2?

That was what I've used with Andy at DFCH a number of times. Haven't used Brits for years but I've never had to do a separate STC form.

Was there not a button on the form that my link took you to where you enter D/L and flight details saying "print OLCI" or similar.

I can't test that form now as I don't have a current Alamo number.

Mick
The link took me to the check in page where I entered first and last name and res number.

The next page wanted D/L and flight details.

Once I’d completed that it said OLCI complete and gave the option to do skip counter. That’s where I normally stop as the email confirmation has the barcode. I checked the email but no bar code so selected the skip counter option. This asked for payment details but said that payment is on collection, also that the cards must match.

Im sure previously there was a link in my booking confirmation email to do online check in, there isn’t on any of my booking emails for this year (I have 3 bookings all made at different times).
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
The link took me to the check in page where I entered first and last name and res number.

The next page wanted D/L and flight details.

Once I’d completed that it said OLCI complete ………………..
At that point when you'd entered all your D/L and flight details didn't it show, on the same page, the option to print OLCI with the bar code? Within minutes of printing I then get an email from Alamo "Hi Michael your reservation is checked in". This email however does not refer to the fact that I've printed the bar code. In fact it says go to the terminal desk and collect keys and contract - which I obviously ignore.

It was September when I did it and I can't recall the detail that far back I'm afraid but I know I only had to press print at that stage to get the bar code.

Must be a glitch I guess

I can't help really now but from what I've read on this thread it seems that booking with Brits is not allowing people to print the bar code from the "D/L and flight details" page.

Mick

Edited at 05:46 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

I had no separate STC page for the none Brit booking, I did OLCI entered license details when I had completed that had the option to print

at that point I left printing until tonight no where on that page did it mention doing skip the counter. without copleting anything else the email I got said at the bottom

so tonight I went to the booking page and got the usual

I filled in the details got my checked in booking page and pressed the print button top left

the page opened which I printed and the top of the page looked like this with the bar code

Hope this helps
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by dac123 View Post
I had no separate STC page for the none Brit booking, I did OLCI entered license details when I had completed that had the option to print

at that point I left printing until tonight no where on that page did it mention doing skip the counter. without copleting anything else the email I got said at the bottom

so tonight I went to the booking page and got the usual

I filled in the details got my checked in booking page and pressed the print button top left

the page opened which I printed and the top of the page looked like this with the bar code

Hope this helps
That represents about 95% of all my experiences through DFCH. The print button was maybe slightly different but you got to the bar code which is all you need.

Nothing else to do - no need for any additional separate STC process just straight to either garage now.

Mick

Edited at 09:08 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

Hi Mick that is an Andy booking, its the second one through Brits that won't play. That is the print button at the top of the page, the one at the bottom is just the rectangular blue one.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

We have been trying our brits booking and couldn’t get online check in to work at all so today cancelled and booked with Andy at DFCH - intermediate suv Alamo Max so will get a standard. Luckily it’s actually £20 cheaper than our brits booking. Now all checked in online, also did skip the counter and have the bar code ready to go straight to the garage. Relief!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
At that point when you'd entered all your D/L and flight details didn't it show, on the same page, the option to print OLCI with the bar code? Within minutes of printing I then get an email from Alamo "Hi Michael your reservation is checked in". This email however does not refer to the fact that I've printed the bar code. In fact it says go to the terminal desk and collect keys and contract - which I obviously ignore.

It was September when I did it and I can't recall the detail that far back I'm afraid but I know I only had to press print at that stage to get the bar code.

Must be a glitch I guess

I can't help really now but from what I've read on this thread it seems that booking with Brits is not allowing people to print the bar code from the "D/L and flight details" page.

Mick

Hi Mick

Not sure if this helps but this is the email you get once OLCI is complete:

This is the email you get once you’ve followed the STC link (either via the email or via the webpage as you also get a link once OLCI is finished...STC is where you enter credit card details only):

I have always followed this process, with all my Brits bookings...I use the Brits website to check in for my bookings too using the link at the top of the page. I’ve never had a barcode after OLCI though...maybe that’s something that only happens when you book via Andy?

Edited at 10:36 PM.
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Hi Mick

Not sure if this helps but this is the email you get once OLCI is complete:

This is the email you get once you’ve followed the STC link (either via the email or via the webpage as you also get a link once OLCI is finished...STC is where you enter credit card details only):

I have always followed this process, with all my Brits bookings...I use the Brits website to check in for my bookings too using the link at the top of the page. I’ve never had a barcode after OLCI though...maybe that’s something that only happens when you book via Andy?
I don't know if the only broker that can do it is Andy but I've never needed to do the STC process with him. Always just used the bar code and done it about five times in the last 3 years

So do you have to use the same CC at the barrier that you've entered in the STC form? And I presume that they still swipe the CC at the barrier?

Mick