Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Sep 19, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Netflix possible newbie, am I understanding it correctly?

So both of my daughters are in uni and one asked about Netflix and I don’t have a clue.

From what I have read, I sign up to a subscription and if I sign up for the middle package, 2 people can watch at the same time, is that right? Also is it only my kids who can watch it or could we watch it at home too if they aren’t watching it at uni?

My next question which i suppose is subjective is, is it worth it?

Thank you
fizzypop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes you can watch on 2 devices as a time, you can use if they arent you just login with email and password.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

So do we all use the same password and email address?
fizzypop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
So do we all use the same password and email address?
Yes 🙂 we do the same, my son has an account and we use it at home 🙂
We can always find something to watch. There are so e good series on there.

The Crown is good (Netflix original) and a new series starts in November 🙂
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'd definitely say it's worth it. We don't have any other TV package and only watch what is on Netflix, we are never short of things to watch.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thanks. So if they are both kids are watching it in different parts of the county and we try to watch something at home, will it just not let us watch it or will it kick one of the kids out from what they are watching, or do we get charged more to have 3 devises running?
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes you sign in with sam email and password but you can each set up an individual profile within the app. The benefit of this is the app will “learn” what types of films and shows you like and provide recommendations based on that, if you are all watching the same series - it wont muddle up which is your next episode if you have different profiles.

I definately think its worth it. Cancelled my Sky subscription for movies and only use Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

If both your kids are watching Netflix and you try to watch something it will come up with a notice to say two other people are watching programmes so you either just turn it off or ask them to turn there programme off. I think it will come up with an option to upgrade to 4 screens but unless you agree to it it won’t automatically upgrade you.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thank you everyone for helping me with my questions, technology seems to be passing me by and then I feel silly asking basic questions
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

It is worth it, we have the upgraded account so 4 can watch. You set up profiles so each person has their own mini account. Daughter's is set up as a child so get child recommended programmes, I get programmes recommended I like etc, well worth it
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List