Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Jun 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I take your point but there has to be mutual trust. If you are a good guest you would not believe what a lot of guests see as their right to remove.
That is awful to hear. I always see a villa as a home from home. I cannot understand why people would feel the need to steal things from a villa. We often leave stuff when we leave (usually pool stuff) that can be used by subsequent guests.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
That is awful to hear. I always see a villa as a home from home. I cannot understand why people would feel the need to steal things from a villa. We often leave stuff when we leave (usually pool stuff) that can be used by subsequent guests.
Playing devils advocate I often remove things from my own home, so if I see the villa as a "home from home" surely I should be able to remove things from it

Secondly, it is nice that you leave pool things, but the next user will never see them if the managing agent is doing their job correctly. Inflatables left in the pool area that are used are then a reason under Florida law to sue the villa owner if the contribute to an accident, thats why you have always had to buy pool stuff when you turn up, as no Villa owner would knowingly leave pool toys there (at least thats what we were told by a property agent)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey 91
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by victorbertram View Post
I booked a dibb villa in lake berkley and paid by bank draft, flight was cancelled, they werent allowed to rent the villa but when it came to a refund they kept my money and wouldnt shift dates, currently going to go down the small claims court route just waiting on reply from insurance, I read all the reviews and thought they were good but when it comes to money trust no one. I for one will not book a private villa again if I cant use a credit card.
We are in the same boat as you. Owner will not refund, move dates or partially refund. Insurance will not pay out as it says pandemics are not covered. We have taken vouchers for our flights that were due in May and the hotels have refunded us but it’s still a big loss 🙁
Mickey 91 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Tbh the 2 times we got a villa from home away , and needed to be a little happier was do our homework, check that the villa owners details matched the person who we were paying.
We dound the villa of our dreams and the location of our dreams so we now have an amazing relationship with the owners.
Win👍
Good luck do ya homework

Edited at 09:11 AM.
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by victorbertram View Post
I booked a dibb villa in lake berkley and paid by bank draft, flight was cancelled, they werent allowed to rent the villa but when it came to a refund they kept my money and wouldnt shift dates, currently going to go down the small claims court route just waiting on reply from insurance, I read all the reviews and thought they were good but when it comes to money trust no one. I for one will not book a private villa again if I cant use a credit card.
Same here I'm afraid, not a dibb villa but I did book direct and paid by bank transfer and the owner will not refund anything or rearrange. My claim is being reviewed with my travel insurance but no way would I take the chance again. Credit card payment only in future and probably through a site where I can cancel fairly late if needed.