Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Jun 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Disney partner hotels

Morning,
Due to the unlikely ness that free dining is going to be released I need to think of other options. The plan was to stay at CBR summer holidays 2021 but as we already pay massively over priced holiday to go in the summer there’s no way we can afford to justify staying on site without free dining.
Which of the Disney parter hotels does everyone like? It would be 2 adults and 2 daughters ages 11 & 9.
Transport and pool would be the most important things to us.

Thanks
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

We last stayed at the B Resort which was great as it had bunk beds in the room. Perfect for two kids.

The pool was nice, although nothing fancy but large enough and clean. It was partially shaded by late afternoon though if that would be a deal breaker for you. I imagine all the hotels at that side of Hotel Plaza Boulevard would have the same issue.

We've also stayed at the Wyndham which location wise is perfect and the pool has a splash park as well as a proper swimming pool.

Transport at any of the hotels on Hotel plaza Boulevard is great. Runs all day every day to all parks.

Edited at 08:02 AM.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We last stayed at the B Resort which was great as it had bunk beds in the room. Perfect for two kids.

The pool was nice, although nothing fancy but large enough and clean. It was partially shaded by late afternoon though if that would be a deal breaker for you. I imagine all the hotels at that side of Hotel Plaza Boulevard would have the same issue.

We've also stayed at the Wyndham which location wise is perfect and the pool has a splash park as well as a proper swimming pool.

Transport at any of the hotels on Hotel plaza Boulevard is great. Runs all day every day to all parks.
Thank you, which Wyndham did you stay at? I do like the look if the Wyndham garden hotel
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
Thank you, which Wyndham did you stay at? I do like the look if the Wyndham garden hotel
When we stayed the hotel was just one Wyndam hotel. I believe it is now split in to two with the outdoor corridor motel style rooms being called Wyndham Garden which is part of the bigget Wyndham Lake Buena Vista complex (the other part of the hotel is the tower which has internal style hotel rooms but looking that doesn't seem to be on the Disney Springs hotel website) The Garden hotel shares the same pool, reception and other amenities and the tower hotel though. It is just the rooms that are different. The very first time I stayed there as a kids we had a ground floor room in one of the garden blocks and it was great from our point of view as me and my sister could go straight out to the pool on our own.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Who do you book Disney partner hotels with? I can't seem to see anything on the Disney site for next year? Do they need to be via Disney to get the benefits?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Who do you book Disney partner hotels with? I can't seem to see anything on the Disney site for next year? Do they need to be via Disney to get the benefits?
No, you can book them through any channel, either direct with the hotel themselves or through a third party website like expedia. For some reason they only appear on the disney holidays site at a certain point in time, normally closer to the date of booking.

I would add that the 60 day fast pass link up they have has to be renewed each year, so it's not guaranteed to be around, not that I have read anywhere that it wouldn't be but just thought it would be worth mentioning (not that fast passes are in use for the upcoming period anyway).

I've stayed in one once as well and whilst the transport did run every 30 mins and was reliable, it was 1 bus between 2 parks (I think the split was MK/HS and Epcot/AK) so if the park you were going to was the second stop it could take a while to get their, and obviously the buses got pretty crowded at peak times as they are shared between multiple hotels. Most days I ended up using Uber/Lyft, especially if the part was going to be the second stop.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by jvm32 View Post
No, you can book them through any channel, either direct with the hotel themselves or through a third party website like expedia. For some reason they only appear on the disney holidays site at a certain point in time, normally closer to the date of booking.

I would add that the 60 day fast pass link up they have has to be renewed each year, so it's not guaranteed to be around, not that I have read anywhere that it wouldn't be but just thought it would be worth mentioning (not that fast passes are in use for the upcoming period anyway).

I've stayed in one once as well and whilst the transport did run every 30 mins and was reliable, it was 1 bus between 2 parks (I think the split was MK/HS and Epcot/AK) so if the park you were going to was the second stop it could take a while to get their, and obviously the buses got pretty crowded at peak times as they are shared between multiple hotels. Most days I ended up using Uber/Lyft, especially if the part was going to be the second stop.
Thank you. Great info
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
One other question Do you get a reservation number that you add to MDE and then once you've bought park tickets you then can get FP+ at 60 days?
Old 3 Jun 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Yeh, you get that, although I didn't get sent it automatically as part of the booking process. I booked through ebookers and then messaged the hotel through them (in fact if I remember correctly the hotel actually sent me a message first to say thanks for booking or something along those lines that I just replied to) to get the reservation number to link up to MDE.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List