Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Jun 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

It depends how much time you spend in the hotel. We stay at value resorts, as we spend most of our time in the parks or visiting other resorts when we have a dining reservation there. We do prefer to stay onsite due to the convenience of the transport and being in the magic bubble. Also, maybe I'm wrong, but I found there are a lot more food options in the value resorts and the pools were open for longer. Looking at next year's prices, we would not spend thousands extra to stay at a moderate resort, as they are very similar to the value resorts after all, especially as we won't spend much time there. Definitely becoming very expensive!
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Boo2you
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

The dining plan made it possible for us to stay onsite without it we’d have to stay on I drive or a villa. Not the end of the world but I’d still miss not being onsite and all the benefits that brings.
Boo2you is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
As long as the other benefits to staying onsite are back (60 day fastpass and EMHs) we would still stay onsite but hopefully with another discount. It's nice bonus but not a dealbreaker and I don't think paying for the plan would be worth it for us, we'd just change how we eat so would likely hire a car so we have more freedom to buy groceries for the room and eat offsite.
ETA: Our cancelled trip was a split stay 10 nights onsite, 1 at Universal and 10 in a villa and i'll likely replicate this when we rebook so we wouldn't be staying onsite for our whole holiday.

Edited at 10:23 PM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeymouseears View Post
It depends how much time you spend in the hotel. We stay at value resorts, as we spend most of our time in the parks or visiting other resorts when we have a dining reservation there. We do prefer to stay onsite due to the convenience of the transport and being in the magic bubble. Also, maybe I'm wrong, but I found there are a lot more food options in the value resorts and the pools were open for longer. Looking at next year's prices, we would not spend thousands extra to stay at a moderate resort, as they are very similar to the value resorts after all, especially as we won't spend much time there. Definitely becoming very expensive!
POFQ (moderate) has a huge food court and when I was there the pool was open till 11.00 pm.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Is there somewhere i can learn what QS, TS, & QSDP means? i see a lot of these acronyms and i havent got a clue what they mean
Here you are - have fun and make sure you have a snack to keep you going lol
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/For...ns-p-1331.html
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed off site before we found about free dining or before it started I'm not sure which. We then stayed on site with free dining at easter. They stopped doing easter which didnt immediately affect us because we have children doing exams for the next four years. Last summer we stayed onsite for 10 days, a night at universal and the rest off site.
This time we are supposed to stay onsite for 16 nights.
Onsite is great but the benefits are rapidly declining 2022 we can do easter and free dining will be unlikely anyway and now its paid for parking we may well stay off site in a nice villa.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If free dining doesn’t come out I think what we would do is
Around 7 nights with paid for dining plan in a value resort and then possibly 5-7 nights in another resort without dining plan
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
I wouldn’t stay onsite again (at these prices) without free DDP. I also think if they decide to scrap the DDP then restaurant prices need to start decreasing. Food prices at Disney have got completely out of hand and I think it’s all due to the (free?) DDP.

I have had great times staying onsite at Disney, but I think prices are just way too high for the accommodation offered.

We are more than happy to stay and eat mostly offsite.

ETA- and the parking situation is just outrageous IMO.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report

Edited at 11:25 AM.
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List