Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Aug 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

And it’s the same for everyone (hopefully that can put to bed the divas who are having a strop and throwing their toys out of the pram about on-site guests paying more money and getting to book passes a few days earlier)
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
So I guess you try and book the three you’re allowed for the start of your day and then arrange the others whilst you’re in the park? Useful to know as wouldn’t be fussed about redoing all the parks but wouldn’t fancy a trip to MK and not end up being able to go on anything. No idea whether we’ll end up going back but thanks for letting me know
Yes, we usually start FP bookings from 10am as before that you tend to have small queues anyway. So book one 10-11, then 11-12 then 12-1. After you’ve tapped in for your third FP you go on the app and book your fourth and so on. You can get most of the popular rides at MK at 30 days, excluding 7DMT.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

So I guess you try and book the three you’re allowed for the start of your day and then arrange the others whilst you’re in the park? Useful to know as wouldn’t be fussed about redoing all the parks but wouldn’t fancy a trip to MK and not end up being able to go on anything. No idea whether we’ll end up going back but thanks for letting me know
Generally yes, although we have some days when we are planning a leisurely start, nice breakfast and getting to a park after lunch, so the FPs are in the afternoon.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
No, it was not because there were only two of you, you got very lucky. We are a two and so far I have literally never seen an on the day 7DMT, Slinky or FOP. At one point I would have said the same about Frozen but we did see that last time.
I did use the tap and grab method so this may have helped. It does feel as if you are constantly on your phone though.
We try to get our 3 fastpasses as early and as close together as possible and then we start selecting our other fastpasses one by one.
I see Orlandoamber does the 3 fastpass idea as well😁.

Edited at 02:50 PM.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
3 Per day, and only 1 of which can be 'tier 1'. Once youve used all through you can book more 1 at a time (book one, use one) which the only limit to is time. Also have to all be in the same park.
If you mean total number, i dont think there is a limit, we have 19 nights on site this trip and have 2-3 FPs for most days.
Just to clarify, you can have multiple tier 1s in total, but only 1 in your first 3 selections. So once you’ve used your first 3 you can book an additional FP and it can be any tier (then repeat).

Also you can switch parks after your first 3 selections are used in the first park and again these would be 1 at a time and repeat the process after each is used.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Yes, we usually start FP bookings from 10am as before that you tend to have small queues anyway. So book one 10-11, then 11-12 then 12-1. After you’ve tapped in for your third FP you go on the app and book your fourth and so on. You can get most of the popular rides at MK at 30 days, excluding 7DMT.
Check in at 10 and then modify the 11 to 10:30, Then check in for that one and modify the 12 to 11 and you can have you first three done in an hour.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
I did use the tap and grab method so this may have helped. It does feel as if you are constantly on your phone though.
We try to get our 3 fastpasses as early and as close together as possible and then we start selecting our other fastpasses one by one.
I see Orlandoamber does the 3 fastpass idea as well😁.
I still don't think it was because there were only two of you. I am also constantly on my phone between rides. I have read about this "tap and grab method" and was really surprised that it was even considered a "method", I thought it was basic common sense and everybody was doing it, certainly seems to be what everybody is doing when I am in a queue.
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Assume you can’t just book them half an hour apart initially then?
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Assume you can’t just book them half an hour apart initially then?
No you cannot.
Old 10 Aug 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I still don't think it was because there were only two of you. I am also constantly on my phone between rides. I have read about this "tap and grab method" and was really surprised that it was even considered a "method", I thought it was basic common sense and everybody was doing it, certainly seems to be what everybody is doing when I am in a queue.
I know what you mean. I never knew that it had a name until I read it on here. I just did it automatically on our last trip. My daughter got fed up with me constantly on my phone😁.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List