Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Apr 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Storey Lake Resort - £3800 for 5 Bedroom Villa for 3 weeks. Good price?

The villa we are looking at on the Storey Lake Resort is exactly what we are looking for but because we have only ever stayed in a villa once, I didn't know whether this was a good price for a villa on this resort?

It is 5 bedrooms, full size pool (not a splash pool), jacuzzi, small games room and that includes pool heating.

Would you say this is a good price?
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
i think that is dear but depends on what you need. Not sure of location but our 3 bed villa last year was perfectly big for 4 of us and cost 1400 stg for 16 nights in July.
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It sounds quite expensive to me. Is it a new development?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
It sounds quite expensive to me. Is it a new development?
It is a new development just off the 192 with clubhouse, main pool, tiki bar, lazy river etc.
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
I didn't know whether this was a good price for a villa on this resort?
I guess you can only compare it to others on the resort?

We did vaguely look at Storey Lake for our trip last year but I was a little worried about its location as it's got busy roads on 3 sides - I have no idea if they have an impact though. It's in a great location for getting around Orlando though.

We ended up at Windsor Hills (again) - I feel we probably overpaid a little but we got the villa and the position on the estate we wanted. 6 bed and it was almost £2K/wk (Aug 2019).
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
I guess you can only compare it to others on the resort?

We did vaguely look at Storey Lake for our trip last year but I was a little worried about its location as it's got busy roads on 3 sides - I have no idea if they have an impact though. It's in a great location for getting around Orlando though.

We ended up at Windsor Hills (again) - I feel we probably overpaid a little but we got the villa and the position on the estate we wanted. 6 bed and it was almost £2K/wk (Aug 2019).

When I have compared on sites like homeandaway, airbnb and vr360, like for like villas are coming in a £4500-5000+ without cleaning fees and taxes. I feel happier with the price we are paying now and have booked it The resort looks fab and the location is perfect for us.

We also looked at Windsor Hills but prices were a bit out of our price range there for what we wanted but I would imagine it's because it's so close to Disney that you pay a bit more of a premium. We aren't doing Disney next year but I think if we were, we probably would have chosen Windsor Hills because the resort there looks lovely too
Old 17 Apr 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed in a townhouse at Storey lake last year. It is a new resort with some building work still going on. There is a clubhouse and communal pool area which is great but we only used it once. Publix and Walmart are a few minutes away by car. We were surprised how quick and easy it was to get to Disney using Osceola Parkway and a great relief being able to stay clear of the I4.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it is very expensive, we have paid £1650 for 20days in a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom villa in calaway parc June/ July but don’t think I will be there 😩😩😩

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
[QUOTE=welshmum;14403791]The villa we are looking at on the Storey Lake Resort is exactly what we are looking for but because we have only ever stayed in a villa once, I didn't know whether this was a good price for a villa on this resort?

It is 5 bedrooms, full size pool (not a splash pool), jacuzzi, small games room and that includes pool heating.

Would you say this is a good price?[/QUOTE

Prices will vary dependant on location and facilities, but being a newer development it might be more expensive than other communities, why not pop a request in the villa request section just give your dates and any list any wants you may have and owners with availability can respond to you.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have been looking at the larger properties on that resort, and I think that price is good.

If you want a larger pool then you do pay a premium and we noticed a price difference of around $45 per night between the 5 bed townhouse with splash pool and the 5 bed home with full-size pool.

The resort itself looks beautiful and the facilities look to be akin to a waterpark with the lazy river, huge pool, slides and kids area.
The location is great too with the newer roads; my in-laws did the drive from Disney to Storey Lake and back again in March and said it was quick and easy, and that there are plenty of supermarkets and eateries really close by.

I would be more than happy with a smaller property there given the onsite facilities, but my in-laws like to have the bigger pool. I think the price of the bigger property will push it out of our budget, especially now my husband is furloughed which means a drop in income for us
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List